Anyone with FMIC pass Recon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:20 PM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
Anyone with FMIC pass Recon?

Has anyone here with a FMIC (i.e. no bumper beam) passed recon or is it just going to be a waste of time to even try?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:58 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Yep, you need a front bumper beam to pass recon. No Beam, No Recon.But, If you have a front mount kit that bolts up to the bumper beam and you didn't have to remove or alter the front beam, you should be able to pass...Oh ya, you need to have the foam on there as well....
Old 06-09-2008, 05:05 PM
banned

Car Info: .
What happens if you install the FMIC after you get recon for rims, etc..?
This is a serious question.
Recon is specific to changes? What if you have recon for all of the dangerous stuff but not the FMIC? What could happen?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:17 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by reid-o
What happens if you install the FMIC after you get recon for rims, etc..?
This is a serious question.
Recon is specific to changes? What if you have recon for all of the dangerous stuff but not the FMIC? What could happen?
yeah, recon is specific to whatever they check...they give you a paper and you fill out what you have, they check...so yeah, if its not on the paper, you dont have recon for it. i honestly think it wont matter...cause i removed alot of things so i could pass, but i put them on right after. i got pulled over many times and never got busted for anything....pretty much once i passed them the recon papers, it was all good.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:22 PM
banned

Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
yeah, recon is specific to whatever they check...they give you a paper and you fill out what you have, they check...so yeah, if its not on the paper, you dont have recon for it. i honestly think it wont matter...cause i removed alot of things so i could pass, but i put them on right after. i got pulled over many times and never got busted for anything....pretty much once i passed them the recon papers, it was all good.
Yeah that's what I always thought, and PoPos only really care about tire size and suspension related crap right?
I've never been pulled over for anything other than that stuff, and I'm usually happy about the recon violation over the massive speeding ticket that I should have received...hehehe
Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
What FMIC doesn't require taking out the foam or the bumper?

I haven't heard of one that doesn't require some modification.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:11 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by bpang1

Injen makes one that utilizes the stock bumper reinforcement. http://subydriver.com/infrmoin.html.

I've seen first hand what happens when the front bumper reinforcement is removed/altered, and the end results don't justify it for me. I'm not trying to "dis" any of you running front mounts, I just wouldn't take a chance for myself or my family. Airbag deployment is very critical and when you remove your reinforcement bar or replace it with another that doesn't react the same way, then things don't react/happen as they should. Again, just me, but not worth it.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:45 PM

If you already have recon, and you add items to your car that is not listed on the paper work. Yes, an officer can give you a ticket for having false recon, and give you a higher fine than a no recon ticketat all. It's sounds stupid, because what is the point of recon if you went threw all that, and in the end when you change or add on something not listed on the recon paperwork, you get a higher fine. It would be cheaper to get a no recon ticket!!! I've had the same problum back in 05. Here's a link:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/what-do-u-think-103368/
Old 06-09-2008, 06:53 PM
banned

Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
If you already have recon, and you add items to your car that is not listed on the paper work. Yes, an officer can give you a ticket for having false recon, and give you a higher fine than a no recon ticketat all. It's sounds stupid, because what is the point of recon if you went threw all that, and in the end when you change or add on something not listed on the recon paperwork, you get a higher fine. It would be cheaper to get a no recon ticket!!! I've had the same problum back in 05. Here's a link:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103368
That sucks bro.
I didn't realize that there were different violations or rather a specific violation for an improper permit. That's definitely good to know.

Although it seems from your post that the officer did have it out for you, and so you may have come away with other tickets if the recon didn't stick, so to speak. I hate it when they do that.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:09 PM

Ya, most cops let the recon paper work slide, just as long as you have it. But if he wanted to, he can give you a ticket. Just like speeding, I cop can tag you going 1 mph over but most cops arnt that dick....
Old 06-09-2008, 07:11 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by reid-o
Yeah that's what I always thought, and PoPos only really care about tire size and suspension related crap right?
I've never been pulled over for anything other than that stuff, and I'm usually happy about the recon violation over the massive speeding ticket that I should have received...hehehe
well all the times ive been pulled over, i did nothing wrong. they were pulling me over to try to ticket me...probably thought i had fake recon. every time they pulled me over, they let me go cause of the recon

Originally Posted by Haole-Pino

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103368
i read your post...that sucks....i had a very similar incident. cop took away my safety...said my car was unsafe because i had no bumper supports...and this was the reason why i decided to get recon. ironic but i never fixed the initial "problem" and i still got recon heheheh.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Car Info: a pickup truck with a gun rack.
^^^its cause your a chick!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
lol!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:41 AM

Car Info: S14
Originally Posted by bpang1

i think the injen fmic you can keep the bumper beam....but its pretty small
Old 06-10-2008, 02:00 AM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
I had bumper beam when I went for recon but they checked for foam and they said that was one reason I failed recon besides the bounce test, because I never have the foam, which I think is just stupid

Quick Reply: Anyone with FMIC pass Recon?