Anyone any good at Mustang tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 03:00 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Anyone any good at Mustang tuning?

Trying to (finally) get my damn Mustang back on the road. My brother and I fiddled with it this evening, discovered I had improperly adjusted the valves on *cough* 4 of 8 cylinders, which would explain why it didn't want to run the last time I tried.

Re-adjusted the valves, then it didn't want to start and just didn't feel right as it was turning over. It would fire, but then was trying to idle really unevenly, didn't seem to be responding to the ol' "go pedal" at all. So, I figured I had stuck the distributor one tooth off, so we moved it over a tooth and that helped a lot. Fuel pressure was also pretty low so I jacked that up a bit. Now it'll start, and if I hold the gas it'll stay steady about 1500rpm, but if I try to let it idle on it's own it cycles a few times then dies.

I can't find my damn timing light, so I have no idea what the timing is - it may still be a tooth off (maybe I was 2 teeth off initially, it sure felt like ***).

Anyone have any time to come help me get this thing running right in the next two nights? I really want to get it to Super Lap on Saturday (trial by fire, ya know? ). Tomorrow I probably won't be home until pretty late, Friday should be a better day. I'm over in Ewa Beach.

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
'89 Mustang GT convertible (357W, road race suspension, etc etc)
Old 05-05-2005, 03:29 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
aw man- sorry but i am working full on through saturday-
i could definitely use a refresher course- its been 3 years-
out of curiosity- what type of cam are you running?

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 05-05-2005, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
sorry pat. my timing light wa jacked a while ago. there are some real cheap ones out there now though.

b
Old 05-06-2005, 05:11 PM

Car Info: 2002 mustang gt
BSM Performance#224-5411, see Bodie, or Brian. Brain is the Stang man. they have a dyno and anything you could ever need for a stang they can get it. i used them while i was there. ordered my N2O kit for next to nothing. they are right across the street from the Two story McDonalds in town,right after sand island access, on the right hand side of the street. i think gdogg knows where im talking about,lol. if not give'm a call they'll hook you up.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:50 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Well, the car's running, actually drove it around some this evening. I'm gonna take it to Super Lap tomorrow, probably just kinda baby it around since it's not tuned at all. I just want to get the thing out on track for a bit.

Pat