Any cruises on the windward side?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:19 AM

Car Info: Legacy 2008 2.5i special edition
Any cruises on the windward side?

Aloha, i am relatively new to I-club and have never been to a cruise. Ive noticed most of them are on the leeward side, ewa etc. I was just wondering if there were any cruises down on the windward side or at least starting on the windward side and heading to north shore or something. If not maybe we should have some? I don't know if anyone is up for this idea, but if so i would defiantly like to know. Also i was wondering if any Subaru is welcomed? Sorry for the long post! Hope to hear from you guys, Aloha
Old 03-05-2014, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Welcome! To answer your question...kinda. I will be posting soon for a cruise that will be set for later this month. Windward side is along the way to Haleiwa (North Shore) where we would usually end up talking story over shave ice. Of course, any Subie is welcome. Stay posted!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=sneezerboi;3495595]Welcome! To answer your question...kinda. I will be posting soon for a cruise that will be set for later this month. Windward side is along the way to Haleiwa (North Shore) where we would usually end up talking story over shave ice. Of course, any Subie is welcome. Stay posted![/

QUOTE]
Hey thanks for replying! That'd be awesome I'm super stoked. I'm glad to be able to finally talk to some subie people. I'm assuming by talking story over shave ice you mean matsumotos right? .
Old 03-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
[QUOTE=Leggy0928;3495913]
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
Welcome! To answer your question...kinda. I will be posting soon for a cruise that will be set for later this month. Windward side is along the way to Haleiwa (North Shore) where we would usually end up talking story over shave ice. Of course, any Subie is welcome. Stay posted![/

QUOTE]
Hey thanks for replying! That'd be awesome I'm super stoked. I'm glad to be able to finally talk to some subie people. I'm assuming by talking story over shave ice you mean matsumotos right? .
I live in Kaneohe...but only attend Subylife/I-Club cruises...

Just a heads up...Josh ^^^ usually organizes the Subylife/I-Club sanctioned cruises...meaning we are well organized and follow a code of conduct.

If you have lived here a while, you will know the "other" cruises that happen typically late at night...I'd stay away from those...trouble is always around the corner.

The cruises typically encircle the island with typical start/stops at:

CORP (Central Oahu Regional Park)
Via H3
Windward Mall
Kualoa Park
Haleiwa (Matsumoto Shave Ice)

If we go the long way
CORP
Hawaii Kai Boat Harbor
Sandy Beach
Windward Mall
Kualoa Park
Haleiwa

Stops are important for breaks as well as a time to regroup.
Josh has mentioned possible barbecue stops in the future to accommodate "family" geared cruises.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=Island Style;3496400]
Originally Posted by Leggy0928

I live in Kaneohe...but only attend Subylife/I-Club cruises...

Just a heads up...Josh ^^^ usually organizes the Subylife/I-Club sanctioned cruises...meaning we are well organized and follow a code of conduct.

If you have lived here a while, you will know the "other" cruises that happen typically late at night...I'd stay away from those...trouble is always around the corner.

The cruises typically encircle the island with typical start/stops at:

CORP (Central Oahu Regional Park)
Via H3
Windward Mall
Kualoa Park
Haleiwa (Matsumoto Shave Ice)

If we go the long way
CORP
Hawaii Kai Boat Harbor
Sandy Beach
Windward Mall
Kualoa Park
Haleiwa

Stops are important for breaks as well as a time to regroup.
Josh has mentioned possible barbecue stops in the future to accommodate "family" geared cruises.
Aloha, sorry for the super slow response. With school and all ive been really busy.
I'm born and raised in waimanalo so I'm not new to the island but I am however new to the I-club scene. I've always loved subies and now I finally got the chance to have my own. Sorry if this is a stupid question but is josh the guy who first replied to this post?
I heard the I-club cruises are literally cruise. Some of the others like you mentioned are just out to cause trouble. Out of curiosity, if i may ask, what is this code of conduct? I'd like to know before i make A at a meet or something.
On the topic of family geared cruises, I am a DJ. Maybe if we all agree on it we can find a nice spot and we can all just chill and talk story over music. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply! Aloha
Old 03-10-2014, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
[QUOTE=Leggy0928;3497176]
Originally Posted by Island Style

Aloha, sorry for the super slow response. With school and all ive been really busy.
I'm born and raised in waimanalo so I'm not new to the island but I am however new to the I-club scene. I've always loved subies and now I finally got the chance to have my own. Sorry if this is a stupid question but is josh the guy who first replied to this post?
I heard the I-club cruises are literally cruise. Some of the others like you mentioned are just out to cause trouble. Out of curiosity, if i may ask, what is this code of conduct? I'd like to know before i make A at a meet or something.
On the topic of family geared cruises, I am a DJ. Maybe if we all agree on it we can find a nice spot and we can all just chill and talk story over music. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply! Aloha
Josh = Sneezerboi...OG I-Club member...He's been around for a while and is the soul of the Hawaii Chapter I-Club.

Come to one of the Friday night meets Josh organizes...meet him and many others...They will tell you first hand the expectations of members on cruises.

You know...my son will be graduating HS this year...we may need the help of a DJ...I'll PM you...
Old 03-11-2014, 12:17 AM

[QUOTE=Island Style;3497429]
Originally Posted by Leggy0928

Josh = Sneezerboi...OG I-Club member...He's been around for a while and is the soul of the Hawaii Chapter I-Club.

Come to one of the Friday night meets Josh organizes...meet him and many others...They will tell you first hand the expectations of members on cruises.

You know...my son will be graduating HS this year...we may need the help of a DJ...I'll PM you...
Hey, sent you a message back. Hope it sent... anyway I was wondering where are these friday cruises? And where could I find out about them?
Old 03-12-2014, 12:07 AM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
Wish I was a OG member like Josh and the rest of the members who joined back in 2003