View Poll Results: To Convoy with the Rest of Oahu's Car Communities or NOT!!
Yes
78.26%
NO
21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Annual Toys 4 Tots Charity Event: 12/06/2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Annual Toys 4 Tots Charity Event: 12/06/2008

Hello guys & gals of HIIC,workes & Owners @ R&D Automotive/Vakamon Team DownXhift, Club808, & SUBY*LIFE.
Name:  mypictures1890.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  11.2 KB

Ive finally got in Contact with Gy Sgt. Christoper Whitley who is the Coordinator for the Toys for Tots Hawaii. Based on the info obtained, this Charity Event will take Place on December 6, 2008 and all this will take place from 11:00am to 14:00pm. Drop off Point will be on Kaneohe Marine Corps Base. So lets make this a memorable event by getting involved and giving back to our Community during these tough times for the less Fortunate.

On Another note though, Gy Sgt. C. Whitley's I guess co-coordinator for this event is trying to get all the clubs here on Oahu i.e. Hawaii Ford Performance, The Porshe Club of 808,Corvette club, SerCa, Island Titanz etc, etc. to meet up at one designated area and to convey as One to Kaneohe Marine Corps Base I guess to show that Even the Car Enthusiats do care about the Community and not maily our Cars. Also Gy Sgt. C. Whitley asked me what Organization I belong to and represented iclub.com/HIIC/SUBY*LIFE and he stated," Those fast turbo'ed cars!!" and I replied "Not really!!" and replied back, " Oh your just being sarcastic!" Think this sorta entertaining yet serious business conversation may have breaked the ice with the rumors I've been hearing about his dislikes for the imports. Then I explained to him the HIIC history of participating in past Charity Events.

So I will leave it up to the Board members here to decide whether you wanna convey on our own OR convey with all the Participating Clubs on Oahu to the Drop Off Point. Its your Choice as I dont want to force anyone's hand!! And Im sure the crews stated above dont mind hanging with each other and doing their own Cruise after the drop off. I'll be updating this on a regular basis and upon new info. obtained from the Main Coordinators!! Any question feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks for your time,
walt

p.s. Sorry Shaggy, Dave, Brent & Roy & Dan, Brandon P., T4T, for the logo's used above. Just trying to make it look fancy as I dont have the graphic artist skills like Dave or Simon.. If you dont want me use your copyrighted logo's. I quickly remove them!! Sorry again!!

----------------UPDATES----------------

First Off, I would like to Apologize to Nevin and Reid!!! The only way I see that we could have permission to go on Base at Kaneohe Marine Corps Base is with proper paperwork the Toys 4 Tots Chapter Organizer's have prepared for us.

Hello again guys!! I've talked with KokoMo who also is in charge of the Huge Charity Event and he will have the proper paperwork to be allowed on base ready for us at the Date of this Function. I feel that this will mainly be a more Mature event as he had been doing this for the past 25 years!! Also he is a representative of VW club with those Old School Bugs, The Thing, and the Bus. He also has already contacted other Communites that already had been participating in the Toys for Tots Event. Not only has he will get the proper paperwork ready for us, but he also got the Word from KMART Kapolei to allow him to rent out the Entire KMART Kapolei parking structure for this Sanctioned Event. It must mean something to have KMART Kapolei to allow him and his Community to rent out the entire structure!! So with this in Mind, below are the UPDATED info.. Please read so no one will be confused!!

Meetup for the People that will be attending this Event:

12/06/2008
-Gathering @ Central Oahu Regional Park(Same place as AUW meeting)7:00am.

-Roll out @ 7:50am sharp to Head to Kapolei KMART.

-Hopefully we will be there early enough to have space for all of us.

-Beacause Kokomo was allowed to rent out the KMART parking structure, in return
KMART Kapolei require us to Purchase toys for Tots donations at their KMART
location.(Went there and the toys are pretty cheap.Closely Comparable 2WalMart)

-Each club will need a representative to meet with Kokomo to pick up the paper
work and will need to draw a card from a deck of Cards to see which club will roll
out 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. etc.

-Rest, Socialize, Eat until Roll out @ 10:30am

-Drop off toys until each and every club/club member has dropped of their toys
then we part our seperate ways. (Our own Mini Cruise)

-Unity Picnic HIIC/SUBY*LIFE/club808/TDX.

HAVE YOUR CHAIRS, DRINKS(Non Alcohol), MEDIA equipment on hand for this phenomenal Event!!

One thing I forgot to MENTION:

TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING THIS SANCTIONED EVENT, it's MANDATED as always to adhere to all traffic laws and any immature behavior will not be welcomed, even though none of those behaviors were present at any of our functions but just a Reminder.

Last edited by dub81; 11-18-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: UPDATED INFO
Old 11-14-2008, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
haha no probs use this one tho.

Name:  mypictures1890.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  11.2 KB
Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
^^^

Thanks Bozz!! Hope to see You and the crew there!! You can cut and paste the thread if you want.. No copyrights here!!

Dont Forget to POLL. Know to get my ugly REST not Beauty Rest!! Lmfao
Old 11-14-2008, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Well, if the event coordinator wants it done a certain way, I'd say that's cool.
Plus, we could all roll together. Maybe shaggy can coordinate a meet up with the scion (tc's, xb's) guys as well at servco or something. I dunno, just a suggestion.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Will see what i can do there sir
Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
Excellent job for starting this, Walter. I called you a couple of times to inquire about this, but you "vanished into the mist" again ....anyways, do you need anymore volunteers? give me a call if you need anything...
Old 11-14-2008, 09:56 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT
Hey Walt, let me know if you need anything.. I'm in.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:46 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Not too sure if I'd be able to make it out on the cruise, but will at least stop by to drop off some toys. If not, we could all meet at Corp like usual, then roll up to the meeting spot with the rest of the clubs. Just a thought.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:19 AM

Car Info: 02 Bugeye
im down
Old 11-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
I got a call from one of the guys at TFTs asking if we were going to participate this year. I guess they think I am still in charge of this. I'll pass his info to you guys since you have taken over all the charity drives for the club. It's awesome to see that something we started with TFTs years ago as a way to brhappiness to kids (and comraderie for ourselves) is still a big hit. Thanks guys for putting i-Club and the Subie commnity in the spotlight as such a good organization!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:42 AM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
^^^^ Ditto,good job Walt.
It takes effort & commitment to run things smoothly,and if the past cruises are any indication of Ted & your diligence in getting it right,we can all look forward to a good time!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:54 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT
Originally Posted by 2.5 DOHC
^^^^ Ditto,good job Walt.
It takes effort & commitment to run things smoothly,and if the past cruises are any indication of Ted & your diligence in getting it right,we can all look forward to a good time!!!

+1!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
Big ups to the coordinators on this one. Walter, I'm PM'ing you my #, so if you or ted need some help, i'll do whatever i can, since this is right around the corner.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 2010 2.5i Steel Silver Legacy
I might go.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:16 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
cheee dawgie!!!

Quick Reply: Annual Toys 4 Tots Charity Event: 12/06/2008