aloha from the Big Island-

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:25 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Awsome pictures! I wish my wife and I could have attended... Just wasn't able to schedule it with work. Maybe next time.

Was cool to see photos of more wrx/stis here. I hardly take mine out of the garrage. 2 years old and barely over 16k miles.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 AM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Originally Posted by ReleaseDaKraken
Does he have any rubbing issues? Did he have to roll his fenders?

I know, I know, I should do a search but I'm lazy.....

LOL, no worries. He did roll the rears as there were some issues there. The front has been fine. 14" ride height in front, 13.5" in the rear; hub-center to fender lip. ~3deg of camber in front, about 1.6deg in the rear with zero toe rear and a wee bit of toe out in the front (I think.) I'm not sure of the offset on those wheels. (But I can find out for you if you want..)

I drove the car when the tires were new/greasy and WOW. Very nice setup. He has done a 05 hub conversion with KW coilovers on that bad bwoi. By far the gnarliest STi on Big Island so far...

and that guy is DAMM fast too. He USES all that tire. Hawke is an amazing driver..
Old 08-22-2006, 12:28 AM

Car Info: kitanai kuroi kuruma
Wow, what a coincidence I was thinking about running the Azenis and the KW coilies. Is he running the variant 3's? I've read good things about them, but that's the sad part only 'read' about them. Yeah, if you don't mind i'd like to know what offset he's running. Thanks!
Old 08-22-2006, 03:20 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by vaj
I drove the car when the tires were new/greasy and WOW. Very nice setup. He has done a 05 hub conversion with KW coilovers on that bad bwoi. By far the gnarliest STi on Big Island so far...

and that guy is DAMM fast too. He USES all that tire. Hawke is an amazing driver..
that is why when i 1st started talking to you guys... and watching you guys drive... i knew that i needed to ship/store a car to BI just for that reason--- with all the recomendations that he made- and you - i knew that networking with guys like you... if anything will challenge(and raise my competitive spirit) my whole entire being when it comes to driving. plus the fact that the venues out there are definitely more confined and controlled... plus if that new track ever opens... i can imagine the possibilities!

okay now that the philosophical stuff is out of the way... dude, i can't wait until we pick up another STi - i am planning to bring my friend Yusuke to Big island for a few days as well....

aloha from the summit of *-^-mauna kea-^-*
Old 08-22-2006, 06:24 PM

Car Info: vf-34'd ewg'd GDA AMS tuned!
Originally Posted by vaj

vaj,your not 2 bad yerself.i personally have not riden with anyone else who pushes there car as hard as yourself & hawke. scary fast,but not to the point were i would feel like i was in danger.i guess you guys have the best road (here on the island that is) as your back yard.you know which one i'm talking bout!we gotta go for another mt. road session soon.i'm beginning to fiend for some twisties.hopefully i'll be able to keep up with you,in my 115 hp flat black track ****.LOL
Old 08-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by gdogg
dude, i can't wait until we pick up another STi
aloha from the summit of *-^-mauna kea-^-*
You'll get one soon enough! I'm taking care of your old car! It did very well at Solo II. By the way...call me back dude!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:54 AM
vaj

Wow, what a coincidence I was thinking about running the Azenis and the KW coilies. Is he running the variant 3's? I've read good things about them, but that's the sad part only 'read' about them. Yeah, if you don't mind i'd like to know what offset he's running. Thanks!
No worries, I'll call him tomorrow. I think the v3's are what he has. I'll make sure
Old 08-23-2006, 01:03 AM
vaj

Gregg

YES.. Please get another STi, they are very well suited to the driving we all love to do. And a nice vibe with all their owners it seems. (philosophical....yeah!) You must come back and bring Yusuke as we are far and few between here. Most of the AWD+Turbo crowd are friends but this is a BIG island. Honestly, we like nothing more than to wake up early, on a sunday , and go rip some touge-style in the mtns.. I'd really like to meet your friend..

"Oh look, a piece of paper. You might need to replace your brake pads".....
Old 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
vaj

Originally Posted by dElKwOn
we gotta go for another mt. road session soon.i'm beginning to fiend for some twisties.hopefully i'll be able to keep up with you,in my 115 hp flat black track ****.LOL
heheh.. yo dell, you can ride shotty anytime. You simply must check out these R's and a mtn session would be GOOD. I was just too tired on Saturday for a log session. The mtn session caught up with me when I was fixing the "spooge error" on Days of War...
Old 08-24-2006, 12:35 AM

Nice pictures. Can't wait till the super ferry provides service to the Big Island. My first destination with my sti will be saddle road. Too bad there are no roads like that on Oahu.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:14 PM
vaj

KW V3's 17X 8.5, 48offset...
Old 08-24-2006, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
Originally Posted by jptour
Nice pictures. Can't wait till the super ferry provides service to the Big Island. My first destination with my sti will be saddle road. Too bad there are no roads like that on Oahu.
yup, can't wait! btw nice pictures greg.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:51 PM

Car Info: kitanai kuroi kuruma
Originally Posted by vaj
KW V3's 17X 8.5, 48offset...
Thanks mang!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:38 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Awesome pictures and roads w/o potholes!!!!!!