All right Island STi owners.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
All right Island STi owners.......

Your STi should be broke in by now............

What do you think of it......?

(good and bad)
Old 05-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Angry Dan

I'll start this off.

I'm at 1154 miles

I love the car more and more everyday. I don't have a stereo yet or tint and the car is still bad @ss!

The engine is great, the car seems to be puilling a little better now. Maybe it needed a few redline pulls to "wake it up" I don't know, but it's kick'n now.

I really like the streering the more I drive it. It's so sharp and fast. Some of the reviews said it's not so good, but I don't know what they are talking about. I can't wait till Saturday to put it around some cones!!!!!!

The suspension is tight and firm. Feels better than the Tein Flex's. I just wish it was a tad lower. Not too much just a little more. Once again can't wait to test it out around some cones?

Trany what can I say.....No shutter, crisp shifts and no 1st or reverse issues. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 11:26 PM

No regrets with my purchase. I am looking forward to taking it out on Saturday though a little nervous. Not sure if it's the amount of power unleashed when pedal meets floor or just the fact that I haven't even made my first car payment.
Either way I plan to take it easy on the first few runs until I get a feel for how the car handles. (excuse up front for lousy times).

I am very happy with the suspension and it rides a lot like my wagon (wonder why). Firm, but livable on a daily basis.

The tranny is a huge improvement over the WRX. I'm still getting used to the 6 speed. I tend to cruise in 5th on the freeway sometimes and find myself riding 3rd at 4K RPMs when I could be in 4th.

It's already been said a lot, but the low end power is awesome! I reminds me of my supercharged 4Runner.

My only complaints are the trunk (which is finally starting to work a little better) and the typical Subaru paint job. I've already found at least one chip on the hood from rocks.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Angry Dan

I haven't even made my first car payment
I know me too, oh well!!!

What are you going to set the DCCD at???
Old 05-30-2003, 07:42 AM

I'll probably just leave DCCD in Auto most of the time, but try a run or 2 where I push as much as I can to the rear.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:01 AM

Its real fun to slap it in 35F/65R and let the tail come out a bit. Just dont get to over zealous....the back steps out real quick with throttle...and before you know it, the front wheels will grab and you will have to counter steer or ease off the gas. But the tail can whip around real easy...heheheh.

-Snuff

(by the way this was done at the track on auto-x day) I wouldnt drive like this on a regular public street.