Accident on ala moana blvd....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 01:03 AM

Originally posted by WRXYBOY
did that guy andrew graduate from st louis.
yup
Old 10-15-2003, 01:29 AM

Car Info: toaster
Originally posted by chubby_one

Someone told me that he tried to ebrake and lost control.. surely it's a rumor. Sorry to hear about your friend like that, kaw.
Like I stated before, I just want to clear the air, because every compact car accident here is deemed either racing or drifting.

In this case it was neither, but people will belive what ever they want to.

Thanks for your condolences.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:48 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Yeah no matter what the reason my thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

News said the driver had .218 ba level and passenger had .112 or so. 2.5 times the legal limit. I just wish people would realize what happens. Its all about fate, I think most of us have driven home when we shouldnt.

Once again my prayers to the family and friends of these guys. They didnt deserve this no matter what the reason...
Old 10-15-2003, 02:48 AM

lets keep it on the track where its less dangerous, just don't be in such a hurry when going there. If anyone here is too drunk to drive call someone to pick you up.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:15 AM

Sorry to hear it Wes...may he rest in peace
Old 10-15-2003, 02:46 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Old 10-15-2003, 02:50 PM

Car Info: silver 03' wrx sedan
those are sad stories. my chic knew ryan. she went to school with him and graduated with him. she knew his ex-girlfriend well. my girlfriend's good friend was close to ryan, too. her friend is taking it hard. they visited the site the other night.
my chic was telling me that the accident involved with the 17-year old girl and the 21-year old guy, he was with that racing team "team monsu." her other friend's boyfriend knew him and knowes that racing group.
i feel so bad for their families. it makes me mad because of their irresponsibility, alot of other people may have to suffer the consequences.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:12 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
your gf grad with ryan? how can? ryan never graduated! i knew ryan back in elementary times and through intermidiate and high school, it was a shame to see him go like that, and taking my other friend andrew with him, andrew had it the worse since it was his car and he was letting ryan drive it, ended up costing his life......
Old 10-15-2003, 10:50 PM

Car Info: gf
Holy crap. The guy that owned the car wasn't driving... His parents must be shocked ..
Old 10-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
HONOLULU, 8:53 a.m. HST October 16, 2003 - The uncle of one of the men killed in the car crash on Ala Moana Boulevard Sunday said a downtown nightclub should not have been serving his underage nephew alcohol.

Witnesses said Andrew Ngan, 21, and Ryan Kono, 19, were drinking at the Waterfront Cafe at Aloha Tower Market Place minutes before their speeding Honda crossed the Ala Moana Boulevard centerline and smashed into an SUV killing them and injuring three others.
The medical examiner said autopsies show both men were legally drunk with blood alcohol levels well above the legal limit.

In Hawaii, you can't drink legally until you are 21. Friends said before Ngan and Kono died, they were drinking at the Waterfront Cafe from 1 a.m. until 3:45 a.m.

On Friday and Saturday nights, the Waterfront Cafe allows young people 18 and older into the club. Kono's uncle, Earl Kono, is a bartender working in Waikiki for nearly 30 years Earl Kono thinks it is wrong for bars and clubs to admit anyone under 21.

"If the club didn't let him in, in the first place maybe he could have found some place else, but the odds are he would still be alive," Earl Kono said.

The Waterfront Cafe checks identities and then stamps the hands of underage patrons and gives wrist bands to those over 21.

"These clubs cannot say they stamp hands and put on bands. Common kids are smarter these days it ain't going to stop them. Just don't let them in. 'you are not 21. Sorry, you ain't coming in.' Simple," Earl Kono said.

Friends who were with Ryan Kono before he died said older friends went to the bar and brought Ryan Kono drinks at the table. Ryan Kono's aunt, Rona Kesner, said she is frustrated and furious.

"It should be where bars and clubs should understand don't let teenagers in because I know they make the stamps. They wash it with soap and they can drink. That's not right. That took the life of my nephew," Kesner said.

The Waterfront Cafe did not respond to numerous calls from KITV to comment.
http://www.msnbc.com/local/kitv/A1834146.asp

Old 10-16-2003, 01:58 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
Ah, the American Way. If bad things happen to someone who does something stupid, then blame someone else. Or better yet sue someone else.

It is really sad people lost their lives, the heartbreak of a parent losing their child must be absolutely devastating. I wish it upon no one.

However, the fault for this incident lies with the two youths who chose to drink, who chose to drive and endanger everyone else around them. The cost was their lives and their families heartbreak. Hopefully their passing will enlighten someone else from doing the same.

People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions rather than continue to blame everyone else for their problems. But its easy to blame.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 02 RS
sorry to hear all this. my reguards to all of you.

Originally posted by Rexstang
Ah, the American Way. If bad things happen to someone who does something stupid, then blame someone else. Or better yet sue someone else.

People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions rather than continue to blame everyone else for their problems. But its easy to blame.
so true.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:45 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by Rexstang

It is really sad people lost their lives, the heartbreak of a parent losing their child must be absolutely devastating. I wish it upon no one.

However, the fault for this incident lies with the two youths who chose to drink, who chose to drive and endanger everyone else around them. The cost was their lives and their families heartbreak. Hopefully their passing will enlighten someone else from doing the same.

Well put Jayson, to some it may sound calous, but its the truth. Like you said we wouldnt wish this upon anyone, but each person decides their actions.

Quick Reply: Accident on ala moana blvd....