9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 2005 OG STi 51E
9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL

Aloooooooha brahs

9 years ago I became a Subaru Enthusiast on this site...I bought my 2000 RS out of Excitement....Value....Potential...and great Unique looks..
I have been thru a total of 4 Subaru's...since I joined the site....I have had numerous people which I have met and consider good friends...then there are the special ones that I consider Family...They are lifelong Friends that I have met thru this site..Someone I can invite over to my home and share stories, Steaks, etc...Someone that is as enthusiastic as me about a Car...not just a car but a Subaru. Subaru Folks are the most unique car people out there...It definitely takes a certain kind of person to be a Subaru Person...So much that it has led to a Career for me...at a Subaru Dealership...I wouldn't trade it for the world....Thanks to the community for all that has been accomplished...there is still some things left to do...but I am confident in time..they will all be satisfied with gusto.I have been to 6 Subaru Challenges since its enception..Witnessed alot of good from the community...Alot of thanks goes to the product, people, and Subaru for bringing it all to life.....so for now...I am greatly appreciative that I have Good Family...good Friends and a GREAT Car...

Shout outs to:
Joey
Shin
Francis
Earl
Vern
Ryan
Dave

and few others over there....9 F'n years......Remember Wrenchin on Joey's RS to put the Teins in...

First one with HUGE sway bars...coilovers...turbo...all that..Miss you guys..

Thank you...Enjoy my History lesson..

Bill

The History:

The car that started it all..

I am missing a picture of my 97 Legacy GT..I will try to find one on my other computer at home..

The car that was the ENVY of everyother Car manufacture..

My Current Scooby Ride......Old SKUL..

Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 07STI
those are some nice subys
Old 09-09-2008, 10:40 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
w00t at 10 years you get a prize!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
gc's FTMFW
Old 09-09-2008, 10:45 AM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
Hey bill, good to hear from you. Yeah it brings back alot of memories when I see posts like this... I don't think anyone will forget the ditchslap, the bbq's or death cruises... I still remember when you and big d helped put in my agx's... with yeemans springs... Or when big d put in his sway bar in at your place " hey man you got like ten people to help you install it", " if that's so, then why the hell am i the only one under the car?! "

Ah, good times.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Bill the OG suby stalker and inventor of the ditchslap looks like you are doing good for yourself.. the wagoons looking nice someday mine will get all one color this post brought up alot of old funny memories thanks!!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by STiAlain
those are some nice subys

Thanks..

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
gc's FTMFW
And you know that...

Originally Posted by Shin RS
Hey bill, good to hear from you. Yeah it brings back alot of memories when I see posts like this... I don't think anyone will forget the ditchslap, the bbq's or death cruises... I still remember when you and big d helped put in my agx's... with yeemans springs... Or when big d put in his sway bar in at your place " hey man you got like ten people to help you install it", " if that's so, then why the hell am i the only one under the car?! "

Ah, good times.
Ahhh man....Those were days....ahhh man...what was dude's name that was the biggest man ***** eva....BRP Rs.....and then Hubie in his Scooby...

and who can forget Vern taking a fun run in my RS with the coilovers and Sways...."Brah...this has some SWAYBAR"...as he spins coming off the 3rd cone..

and yes the mad Cruises that we almost piled into one another on the north Shore...wheeww....

Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
Bill the OG suby stalker and inventor of the ditchslap looks like you are doing good for yourself.. the wagoons looking nice someday mine will get all one color this post brought up alot of old funny memories thanks!!
yep thats me....thanks for the complements...mine is still slow tho.....even with Hoosiers on......I tried to call you a few times.....and I remember one time getting ahold of your sister...."Yahhh this USED to be Daves Phone"...

Bill
Old 09-09-2008, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
hey bill -- i got a bpm twin-tip tbe exhaust from you eons (6 yrs) ago for an 02. thanks again..

i think that was my de-virginizing mod.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:12 PM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
Bill, Joey's still looking provacative!!!! OOPS!!!! did I say that out loud! Anyway, good to hear from you!!! wagon huh?? seems to be a trend!!! Still rocking my "beast",v-mount set-up now!!!! P.M me your e-mail, I'll send you some pics of my car. Coming out big li' dat!!!!
Everythings good out here HIIC has seen a new wave of enthusiasm w/weekly meets,tuning sessions,and of course autocross.
Good to hear from you.
Aloha,Fran
Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 2.5 DOHC
Bill, Joey's still looking provacative!!!! OOPS!!!! did I say that out loud! Anyway, good to hear from you!!! wagon huh?? seems to be a trend!!! Still rocking my "beast",v-mount set-up now!!!! P.M me your e-mail, I'll send you some pics of my car. Coming out big li' dat!!!!
Everythings good out here HIIC has seen a new wave of enthusiasm w/weekly meets,tuning sessions,and of course autocross.
Good to hear from you.
Aloha,Fran
Did you say AutoX......

from my last autocross

tires Hoosier A6 225/50/16 (10 inches wide)

Old STi..

Last edited by Scooby South; 09-09-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:47 PM

Nice!!!
This is Walt's car!!!
Attached Thumbnails 9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL-dsc_1081.jpg  
Old 09-09-2008, 12:55 PM

Mine! No abs & bfg R1's,not a good combo!!!
Attached Thumbnails 9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL-dsc_7421.jpg   9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL-dsc_7422.jpg   9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL-dsc_7423.jpg   9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL-dsc_7424.jpg   9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL-dsc_7425.jpg  

Old 09-09-2008, 01:20 PM

...smokeyburnouts...niiiice...or worser yet....no ABS Slide...I hate those...I had to buy a Turbo Miata owner a new set of front tires because of that...

I was running 275's on my STi as well..Very Sweeet......are you at or near FTD with the 'BEAST'...

Bill
Old 09-09-2008, 01:46 PM

Not FTD yet,working on it though!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Ahhh...memories. I totally forgot about the ditchslap...thanks for bringing it up again, Shin.

This post comes on the heels of last week's resurrection of a post that didn't make a lot of people happy, but it made me go back to Nabisco and look at a few of our old posts and how we got along. We truly became freinds because of the car. All we need now is Vern and a few of the other "old skooler's" to chime in...

Quick Reply: 9 years Ago today..An Aniversary of sorts..Happy Haole day..LOL