4/20/06 thursday meet @ ewa beach starbucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Talking 4/20/06 thursday meet @ ewa beach starbucks

since it's not posted yet i thought i might so we can have some ppls show up. be there!! 9pm-whenever. haven't had one there in a long time. lets see new face's
Old 04-20-2006, 03:19 PM

Location: in the shopping cart with the lady from kam starbucks
Car Info: blue 04 STI
this will b my last meet for about 4 months or so...
Old 04-20-2006, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
There is a reason it hasn't been posted officially yet. I believe future meets were intended to be less frequent yet more eventful. While nobody is preventing the meets to be weekly, there are reasons to having these meets less frequently.

1. For example, the Miata club has monthly meets. Attendance becomes better and there is more catching up to do, making the meet more attractive and a bigger deal.

2. When meets are as frequent as they are, the attendance slightly and graudually drops over time, unless there is a major influx of new members.

I'm not saying weekly meets are not allowed (it's not my place to say), but things simply work better they way they're described above. I'm hoping this makes sense.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:27 PM

well if ppls don't want to go then they don't have to. but for example drevis, mike,tony will not be here next week due to military training and vaction. and i'm not trying to be rude but were not the miata club.

we have done it this way since day one and some of us like to get to gether on a weekly base's. and y change it all of a sudden, 2 years later after we have been doing it this way for soo long?

like i said if u don't wanna go don't come no one's holding a gun to your head. there is no more tracks and the regular track guys do like the company of suby guys. or just to get outta the house.

these meets when first made were to put a face behind the name and to get out and just lay back nothing more.

Last edited by shaggadelic; 04-20-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 07 limited
If any one is interested in seeing my car... I can swing by the meet tonight. (selling it)
Old 04-20-2006, 03:41 PM

Calm down, Shaggy. If you read carefully, I didn't say it can't be done. It's not my place to say. Everybody is free to meet weekly, even daily if they so wish. I was basically listing reasons why maybe a less frequent meet would make sense (not necessarily making it better or worse).

I am perfectly aware that this isn't the Miata club. I am just saying what they do as an example. When there is an event of some sort, past experience shows that attendance goes up. For example, when word got out that the i-club shirts were going to be distributed, TONS of people came out, even people we've never seen before in our lives. When there is an i-club cruise, a LOT of people come out. These are things that don't happen too often.

Is this making sense to you?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:08 PM

yes and no. cruise and stuff yes b/c there is only 2 or 3 a year and it's on a sunday daytime. this i-club shirt was great but then those new face's never showed up again they were there for the shirt and only the shirt. unless we've got free things to give out once a month the diff. in ppls showing will still be the same guys.

for ex. last meet was the biggest meet since, the last meet when imprezer (alex) was here(and then those new face's never showed up to another event.), due to a new spot we had more ppls new and old faces.

i dunno i don't care all i now is changing something thats been going on for 2 yrs thats working fine is not a good idea. esp. since the tracks is gone.

if anything there should be other stuff besides the weekly meets like a monthly bbq at the beach for family and friends to come too. that would be a great once a month event. just my .02cents

Last edited by shaggadelic; 04-20-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:16 PM

Shaggy, a monthly BBQ sounds great! I know an i-club banquet was suggested before. These, among others are great ideas. All it takes is somebody to plan one (properly and well in advance) to make it happen.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:17 PM

Also, I notice how Drevis suggested an i-club Bball day. Good stuff.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:21 PM

Also, I know it's been suggested that the meets be moved from a Thursday to the weekend. That, I know, makes sense. I know that many people haven't come to past meets simply due to the fact that it's on a school/work night.

The examples you gave about past meets also support what I've been saying. Those are events (small or large, but still out of the ordinary). A new location is something people take interest in. Somebody like Alex visiting is a huge event. T-shirt distribution was an event. A normal Thursday meet is just an unwind session (the original name) and not a huge event which generates big interest.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:27 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
i personally didn't plan on having a meet this week to plan for something better, more enjoyable for everyone next week. i have to schedule and speak to the necessary people. i have spoke to a few people regarding my plans for next week and all have been positive.

please calm down shaggy you're being quite rediculous with complaining about something that isn't manditory to attend. remember that the more times we have "meetings" the less attendance that we have unless it's favorable for people that live in a certain area.

please stay posted for an updated scheduled meet.

Jon
Old 04-20-2006, 04:36 PM

josh your right it is not an event so please don't make it an event. if u want an event plan one. as greg said
Originally Posted by gdogg
oops- i get off work @ 9 pm.

hence the "unwind" session
so even if no one shows up i'm still happy.

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
so like he said if no one shows up i could care less it gives ppls the option to show up.

and jon sorry bro i didn't start this all i said was "since it's not posted yet i thought i might so we can have some ppls show up. be there!! 9pm-whenever. haven't had one there in a long time. lets see new face's" and the "be there is a joke" josh u came at it like i was wrong for posting it. i'm not. you want an event u can have one this is just to relax and have a good time and if it is just me and 2 other guys then so be it.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 PM

The only reason I posted it was to show that there was a reason it hasn't been posted yet, not that it was wrong for you to post up.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
bra we all go scrap already
Old 04-20-2006, 04:47 PM

If for some reason I made it seem like I'm badgering you for posting a meet up, I apologize.
Big hug for you.

Quick Reply: 4/20/06 thursday meet @ ewa beach starbucks