Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
make sure people have their bluetooth headsets!! LMAO

FML
Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
H guys, looks like you're planning another awesome AUW Summer Cruise! Thanks so much for doing this and continuing it year over year.

For those that don't know, I am a United Way Fundrasing Person and formerly worked at AUW. I also used to be the guy that planned all the meets and cruises. We decided a few years ago that rather than just have a cruise, we would do it for a cause. That cause is the Aloha United Way.

Over the years I believe i-Club has raised around $6,500 to $8,000 (sorry I don't have all the #'s) for AUW. These funds help us to look at the deepest problems in our community, create solutions for those problems and lead the community in an effort to put these solutions to work. AUW takes the lead in our community to bring together business, government and community leaders around these issues in order to have a lasting impact on our community. A gift to AUW really is the most effective way that you can make our community a better place to live, play and work for all of us. For that I thank you.

Oh and I just found out if you buy Jamba some money goes to AUW if you use this http://www.auw.org/images/stories/do...promoflyer.pdf ...word.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
^^^ Thanks Blake for the awesome insight!!!

Complete Details about HIIC annual Charity Event/Cruise and its collaboration with Aloha United Way throughout the years. Also included is a history and mission on Aloha United Way for a peace of mind on where you contributions are going too.

Thank you,

-Ted C.
-Walter R.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
thank you for the great backgrounder, blake. i've also been a dedicated AUW Leadership giver in my workplace for the past 5 years and this is my third year in helping Walter with this event. Having said this, I've been very busy lately and barely have time to help Walter. I know that he is very dedicated to make this into another successful event so i don't have the heart to say no to a ninja...

if you want to help out in the organization of this event, please let us know. for all others, your sincere support is all we need to make this happen.

we also want to make it clear as we have done in the past, that although this is a HIIC event, we will not say no to whoever wants to help and make a donation. we also have extended our invitations as in the previous years, to Shaggy's team, Club808 and Dave's Team Downxhift (sp?).

if you are coming as an individual donor, then you are very much welcome to come by or join the cruise, whether you have a suby or not. Lurkers or previous members who have moved on to other cars, you are also invited.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kolohe_04sti
thank you for the great backgrounder, blake. i've also been a dedicated AUW Leadership giver in my workplace for the past 5 years and this is my third year in helping Walter with this event. Having said this, I've been very busy lately and barely have time to help Walter. I know that he is very dedicated to make this into another successful event so i don't have the heart to say no to a ninja...

if you want to help out in the organization of this event, please let us know. for all others, your sincere support is all we need to make this happen.

we also want to make it clear as we have done in the past, that although this is a HIIC event, we will not say no to whoever wants to help and make a donation. we also have extended our invitations as in the previous years, to Shaggy's team, Club808 and Dave's Team Downxhift (sp?).

if you are coming as an individual donor, then you are very much welcome to come by or join the cruise, whether you have a suby or not. Lurkers or previous members who have moved on to other cars, you are also invited.

Hey Ted, let's just make sure that this open invitation is sort of controlled. We don't want any random fool's of the street crashing our Charity Event and creating drama. So by the powers invested in me, those who don't haven't received a confirmed invitation assigned by the Coordinators of AUW '09, don't have a "SOLID" affiliation to HIIC( i.e. Driver of a Suzuki Swift has a good friend in HIIC but that HIIC peep can't vouch for the Driver of the Suzuki Swift that he will not act a fool), or x-HIIC peep. We need you to Contact the Coordinators of AUW '09 for image reasons.

-Ted please make correction to my post where needed!

Last edited by dub81; 08-24-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX "Wagon"
Originally Posted by infek
make sure people have their bluetooth headsets!! Lmao

fml
classic!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub81
Hey Ted, let's just make sure that this open invitation is sort of controlled. We don't want any random fool's of the street crashing our Charity Event and creating drama. So by the powers invested in me, those who don't haven't received a confirmed invitation assigned by the Coordinators of AUW '09, don't have a "SOLID" affiliation to HIIC( i.e. Driver of a Suzuki Swift has a good friend in HIIC but that HIIC peep can't vouch for the Driver of the Suzuki Swift that he will not act a fool), or x-HIIC peep. We need you to Contact the Coordinators of AUW '09 for image reasons.
what walter said, this is more of a family day fun cruise...
Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 PM

Car Info: SLO EVO
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i will be in the mainland...
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 08 Evo X
got my official invite, woo! see you guys there.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by uptheundagrnd
got my official invite, woo! see you guys there.
No worries, your still HIIC family to us even though you turned "EVO" j/k

BUMP TTT.. AUW '09 Banner is up. Just need 2 more logo's to add on before completion.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
LOL... to much reading
Old 08-25-2009, 11:18 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX "Wagon"
Originally Posted by iNfEk
LOL... to much reading
hahahaha...Yup BALROG OUT!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:58 PM
VIP Member

BUMP TTT... Another Sponsor added!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

wow, we are actually getting some nice gifts to raffle this year...pm's answered.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:13 AM

Car Info: Blue GC
LOL.....too much reading.....
BTW......I'm a n00b......eventho i've been here over a year........
anyhos.........do I have to get an invite even when I show up w/ a GC?

Quick Reply: 2009 Annual HIIC Aloha United Way Charity Event/Cruise