2009 Annual HIIC Aloha United Way Charity Event/Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 08 Evo X
so... tired... breath... stale...
Old 09-19-2009, 11:37 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
had an awesome time!! Little sunburnt and tired but overall it was great........

Until my rear passenger tire blew out on the way home :/ ran over a nail somewhere and just lost air. Who brought up all that talk about not having spare tires??? It's ok. My knight in shining suby came to rescue me.
Damn, that sucks Ryan! Glad to hear your alright and help arrived fast!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:16 AM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
Originally Posted by 808_lgt
Oh and big props to Chris K. on the video of last years AUW cruise. Pretty sick.

Sorry, no sunroof-mounted old-school cam corders this year!

I can try making another one for this years event but will need to acquire a lot of pics as I didn't get to take very many of my own.

Thanks, again, for the efforts put forth by Walt, Ted & everyone else who made this event run smoothly!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
We just got home too and yeah, it's been a long hot day...

BUT, We had a blast spending the day with everyone today! Walter and I would like to sincerely thank EVERYONE who attended and supported this fundraising event. You guys made this event possible! We know you came because of the cause and not just because of the awesome giveaways.

We want to thank and recognize our sponsors who even in these tough times supported us and helped us raise money for the needy individuals and families in our communities. I know it's tough times for a lot of us, but this year, most of the charity organizations are suffering because contributions has dwindled down to its lowest levels. So this event, and our contributions, meant a lot to those people who needed it most. I just want to put this out there, first and foremost.

On this note, we are happy to report that as of the first accounting, we are already over our goal of beating last years. The initial collection already put us to $1540.00 and we are still awaiting on a pledge from one of our sponsors and a possible auctioning of a Travis Pastrana shirt on which the proceeds will go directly to this fund. We also have 47 donors who gave what they can to this event.

SPECIAL MAHALOS....

- To Our Major Sponsors - you guys went all out this year!!! We are just blown away!

- Individual donors - you know who you are, thank you so much for your awesome gifts

-WALTER da ninja - for doing a lot of the legwork and communication with our sponsors, with AUW, and media coverage...big ups to you man, bar none!

-My wife (Lani) - for doing all of the paperwork, going to kinkos for copies, getting the kids coloring contest giveaways and posters together, and just making this event more colorful with the ribbons for the show and shine, and goodie bags, etc..

- Chris and Sue - for helping us every year and just being there to support us. Thank you for letting use your tent, and helping us with the registration.

- Nowell - for letting us borrow your megaphone every year.

- Joey, Patrick, John, Jon, Walter, and Robert - for taking lots and lots of pics and helping us organize the lots! You guys are awesome!

- Robert(bigbobchamp) - of MYSUBIE.com for flying down here just to show his support! We hope you had fun!

- The Registration Crew - Sue, Lani, Erin, Amanda, Rizal - thank you so much!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, my brain is kinda fried right now. I'm sure Walter will add more to this when he gets home.

-
Old 09-20-2009, 01:02 AM
VIP Member

had an awesome time!! Little sunburnt and tired but overall it was great........

Until my rear passenger tire blew out on the way home :/ ran over a nail somewhere and just lost air. Who brought up all that talk about not having spare tires??? It's ok. My knight in shining suby came to rescue me.
where did this happen, because i was following you all the way down kunia road and i lost you after that?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:26 AM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
It happened on the onramp. I was getting on h1 westbound and my tire just went around the second corner. I kinda wish it happened in front of you cause I don't have a spare. Jon came and rescued me.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by kolohe_04sti
We just got home too and yeah, it's been a long hot day...

BUT, We had a blast spending the day with everyone today! Walter and I would like to sincerely thank EVERYONE who attended and supported this fundraising event. You guys made this event possible! We know you came because of the cause and not just because of the awesome giveaways.

We want to thank and recognize our sponsors who even in these tough times supported us and helped us raise money for the needy individuals and families in our communities. I know it's tough times for a lot of us, but this year, most of the charity organizations are suffering because contributions has dwindled down to its lowest levels. So this event, and our contributions, meant a lot to those people who needed it most. I just want to put this out there, first and foremost.

On this note, we are happy to report that as of the first accounting, we are already over our goal of beating last years. The initial collection already put us to $1540.00 and we are still awaiting on a pledge from one of our sponsors and a possible auctioning of a Travis Pastrana shirt on which the proceeds will go directly to this fund. We also have 47 donors who gave what they can to this event.

SPECIAL MAHALOS....

- To Our Major Sponsors - you guys went all out this year!!! We are just blown away!

- Individual donors - you know who you are, thank you so much for your awesome gifts

-WALTER da ninja - for doing a lot of the legwork and communication with our sponsors, with AUW, and media coverage...big ups to you man, bar none!

-My wife (Lani) - for doing all of the paperwork, going to kinkos for copies, getting the kids coloring contest giveaways and posters together, and just making this event more colorful with the ribbons for the show and shine, and goodie bags, etc..

- Chris and Sue - for helping us every year and just being there to support us. Thank you for letting use your tent, and helping us with the registration.

- Nowell - for letting us borrow your megaphone every year.

- Joey, Patrick, John, Jon, Walter, and Robert - for taking lots and lots of pics and helping us organize the lots! You guys are awesome!

- Robert(bigbobchamp) - of MYSUBIE.com for flying down here just to show his support! We hope you had fun!

- The Registration Crew - Sue, Lani, Erin, Amanda, Rizal - thank you so much!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, my brain is kinda fried right now. I'm sure Walter will add more to this when he gets home.

-

To follow up on Ted C., I would like to also thank the AUW '09 Photograhers staff:

-John/BoOm

-Jon/iNfEk

-Joey/touge-n00b

-Patrick/Pimpsawse

-Robert/bigbobchamp

* To the HIIC family and those in attendance, Without your support this event is just a nothing but a void in space!

* To Phillip Kronis from Aloha United Way for taking time out on his busy schedule to come down and talk about their mission in Hawaii under the parent National Orginization, United Way.

* Shaggy & the staff @ Servco Subaru for being a reliable Source and inside connection to Servco Subaru and again letting us use their portion of the lot to raffle our prizes and the Donated prizes from Servco Subaru itself. Awesome prizes!!

* The Registration Krew at the Registration Booth( Lani, Ted's Daughter & friends): I admit though I purposely left out some details for fun, you guys & gals stuck it through and rose up to the occasion when needed!! Awesome and dope job

* Ted; for the Assistant's throughout this entire campaign even though I didn't ask you. You too also rose to the occassion when needed!! Awesome work & support!!!

Again Thank you all for being part of our annual Charity Campaign wether you are a Sponsor or a Attendant!! Just being a contributor to a greater cause in providing a solution to our communities local problems just goes to show though we live in such a materialistic world, their still lies and portion in our heart to project a ray of support and caringness to those in need!!

Thank you all from the Bottom of our Hearts!!

Ted C & Walt R. C/o Aloha United Way & HIIC

Old 09-20-2009, 02:48 AM

Car Info: Pasoi!
At least it wasent on tantalus at night.....
Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Aeros
At least it wasent on tantalus at night.....
LOL!! Speaking from experience huh.. I remember that time!! LOL

Anyways It was good to see a long time friend on here even though he's a lurker yeah Mark/SMR WRX!! LOL for coming out last minute!!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:53 AM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Coverage on Speedhawaii.com (if that means anything ):

http://speedhawaii.com/archives/2281
Old 09-21-2009, 02:56 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
nice job joey!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:08 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by touge-n00b

this means a lot in getting the word out. great write-up joey. thank you.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 07 Forester
Had lots of fun! Thanks to everyone who organized and congrats to all the winners!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by touge-n00b

Awesome Write-up & Coverage by one of SH most talented!

Originally Posted by vision808
Had lots of fun! Thanks to everyone who organized and congrats to all the winners!
We're glad you could participate both at the event and in the 1st Ever AUW'09 Show n Shine!!! Thanks Troy!!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:01 AM

Car Info: camber toe
Thank you everyone who made this possible......

Last edited by pimpsawse; 09-22-2009 at 12:05 AM.