2006 Hawaii i-club Annual Summer Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 02:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by esx344dreams04
agrees, also.......was wondering if shave ice is good at 930 in the morning?
yup it is, 930 in the morning on that side on a summer-feels like 12 in the afternoon....HOT...that's why we tested the route...

as for the tradition, why not a bit of a change...not like it's gonna be like this for the next one...
Old 06-27-2006, 02:54 AM

Car Info: 2004 Aust spec Sti
Originally Posted by shiroikage
I believe the brotha needs a ride. Post up your location and maybe someone nearby can pick you up. Some scooby Aloha please
i am at pearl harbour, as of the 27th, so if anyone is from around there that would be greati basically know the area between pearl and waikiki, just depends on public transport :0

****'s, i dont care i will sit on the roof if i have to m8
Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 AM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
i thought you were coming?
Ya....I was planning to go, but I had to work at 12:00p.m. that day
Old 06-27-2006, 05:54 AM

Car Info: Sentra SE-R Spec V
ah i would find some way to go but i will be on the mainland till the 31st
Old 06-27-2006, 07:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by basil brush
i am at pearl harbour, as of the 27th, so if anyone is from around there that would be greati basically know the area between pearl and waikiki, just depends on public transport :0

****'s, i dont care i will sit on the roof if i have to m8
is there anyway you can rent a car? maybe a forrester, rs, etc..

Last edited by de pilipino guy; 06-27-2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
yup they open at 9 if i'm not mistaken. and we wanted to do something different. we posted about the meeting to decide about were this crusie was gonna go as far as routes and suggestion and no one replied. then when it was time to meet only jon,dave,chris,sue,brian and i showed up. and only rudy called and gave us his input since he was not able to make it but wanted to help with the planning. then sue, chris, jon and rudy test drove the crusie and made some minor changes to inprove the crusie tho brian.dave and i were not able to make it to the test drive due to other commitments. we knew ppls were going to object to this route but we did ask for ppls inputs and we didn't get much so this will be the route. next time more input would be great
That was put well shaggs. This cruise was planned with only the above people involved. the cruise was put out there as a sticky for some time, and as nobody stepped forward, i decided to setup the planning date with the help of those guys mentioned above. WE met up and planned it, then did a trial run to see how the day would go on a time table that gave adequate time at each stop. It is not easy to do this, and i now have the appreciation of those I-Clubber's (Mehlt, Gdogg, BPang1, Sneezerboi ) that have set-up and planned the previous events and cruises. HIIC has changed and evolved over the years that i have been invovled with it, and the route has changed accordingly to reflect it.
If people want to plan a future event, input is needed far in advance, and we want it to be organized to avoid confusion and frustration. This is what goes into planning of events on a professional level, which we tried to do to the best of our abilities, given the timeframe that we had to work with. Everyone involved in the planning of this summer cruise has a busy schedule with their kids, families, homelife, jobs, etc. And somehow we were able to STILL meet up and plan this. I appreciate everyone's help, as it would have been rough to plan without a test run. Problems did occur, and the route was adjusted accordingly. People can say all the coulda-woulda-shoulda stuff that they want, but the truth of the matter is that a small percentage of the members here actually keep this club going. Thanks for reading this, I hope this explains our feelings on the subject.
Much ohana to all.......
Old 06-27-2006, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
^^i'm with you and shagg. i would have gone as well but i had to work. i'm happy just to go, don't care where. i look forward to seeing everyone there. L8R
Old 06-27-2006, 11:37 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
^^I feel you dawg. no worries, i know you down 4 whateva!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:12 PM

Car Info: easystreet's ESX 344 Stage 4 Dyno Tuned
Wink

hopefully at least there wont be a line at the shave ice place, you guys remember how long the wait was last time!! and shrimp sounds good too!!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:17 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by esx344dreams04
hopefully at least there wont be a line at the shave ice place, you guys remember how long the wait was last time!! and shrimp sounds good too!!
as long as we follow the schedule and people don't deviate to much then we should be fine for the shave ice. when we got there the store just opened and NO ONE was in line. I almost passed the place since I was so used to seeing a massive line. Also the parking lot was EMPTY!!! :banana:

Jon
Old 06-27-2006, 08:39 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
Originally Posted by iNfEk
as long as we follow the schedule and people don't deviate to much then we should be fine for the shave ice. when we got there the store just opened and NO ONE was in line. I almost passed the place since I was so used to seeing a massive line. Also the parking lot was EMPTY!!! :banana:

Jon
another reason why matsumoto's and giovanni's was empty was of church. so that's a plus for our part.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:43 PM

Car Info: 2004 Aust spec Sti
Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
is there anyway you can rent a car? maybe a forrester, rs, etc..
narrrgh dont think i could m8, would be toooo depressing driving a stocker, and i would probably ened up on the wrong side of the road LOL...... wish i could have bought mine ova here , probably would have still ended up on the wrong side of the road though LOL........ dammmm crazy Aussie's
Old 06-27-2006, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by basil brush
narrrgh dont think i could m8, would be toooo depressing driving a stocker, and i would probably ened up on the wrong side of the road LOL...... wish i could have bought mine ova here , probably would have still ended up on the wrong side of the road though LOL........ dammmm crazy Aussie's
the wife said she'll sit in the back and you can sit in the front if you want to. i can pick you up in pearl harbor. let me know
Old 06-27-2006, 11:58 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
lol...I just notice it:

Matsumotos Shave Ice
Giovanni's Shrimp Truck
Leonards Malasadas

Taste buds here I come!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I miss you guys...and the cruise (it was fun to plan 3 cruises especially the last one I ran that I got prizes for).

Sounds like an awesome change of pace to go North Shore first...my biggest regret every year was that we didn't eat lunch at the Shrimp places.

Quick Reply: 2006 Hawaii i-club Annual Summer Cruise