10/17/2010 Annual Aloha United Way HIIC Charity Event Gathering & Show n Shine!! FTW

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Drive safely everyone!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:26 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx with hta68 1994 Honda accord h22a
yay i won some cool stuff
Old 10-17-2010, 10:04 PM

Car Info: 1995 dodge neon
Guess I will post teh first pic

Name:  ServcoSubaru4.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  103.6 KB
Old 10-17-2010, 10:45 PM

Car Info: 04' wrb WRX sedan
I don't remember umbrella girls being so ugly.
Attached Thumbnails 10/17/2010 Annual Aloha United Way HIIC Charity Event Gathering & Show n Shine!! FTW-img_8263.jpg   10/17/2010 Annual Aloha United Way HIIC Charity Event Gathering & Show n Shine!! FTW-img_8280.jpg   10/17/2010 Annual Aloha United Way HIIC Charity Event Gathering & Show n Shine!! FTW-img_8294.jpg   10/17/2010 Annual Aloha United Way HIIC Charity Event Gathering & Show n Shine!! FTW-img_8310.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 04' wrb WRX sedan
Guess I should come to some meets so can know some of you people. I was impressed at how well this was put together! Great job!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by Labmonkey
I don't remember umbrella girls being so ugly.
hahah yeah those are some ugly girls
Old 10-18-2010, 12:34 AM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
hahah yeah those are some ugly girls
Yeah, especially the ginger!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by spinplay01
Guess I will post teh first pic

lol i spy me walking in my blue dc shirt after ripping off my lip
Old 10-18-2010, 02:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
Wow, where do I start? Well after 2 months of preparations, the big day came and went. After the event, we got home and I took a nap, happy and tired at the same time, but mostly content that we had a very succesful day.
It was an awesome campaign with Walter relentlessly signing up our big name sponsors left and right. This is what started the momentum going. Because without our sponsors, it will be a bit of a challenge.
And then there were the volunteers who attended our meetings and came up with awesome ideas to have a more effective campaign. Those late night brain-storming seesions really paid off.
And finally YOU. You guys and gals made this all happen. I say this again and again, but an event is not successful unless we have a great turnout. We can't thank you enough for your continued support to Aloha United Way. Rest assured that your contributions are going to help thousands of families in need.

Here are the facts and the details so far after the initial accounting:

- 60 cars in attendace - our highest so far after 4 years of doing this with Walter.
- We have nearly doubled our donations from $1700 last year to $3040!!!
- 83 people signed the petition to keep KRP alive!
- I will let Walter recap the sponsors this year.

All in all, I'm glad that there were no major hitches and accidents. The only minor exception was when we got booted out by some "campers". But then again, all we had to do was move across the parking lot!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by kolohe_04sti
Wow, where do I start? Well after 2 months of preparations, the big day came and went. After the event, we got home and I took a nap, happy and tired at the same time, but mostly content that we had a very succesful day.
It was an awesome campaign with Walter relentlessly signing up our big name sponsors left and right. This is what started the momentum going. Because without our sponsors, it will be a bit of a challenge.
And then there were the volunteers who attended our meetings and came up with awesome ideas to have a more effective campaign. Those late night brain-storming seesions really paid off.
And finally YOU. You guys and gals made this all happen. I say this again and again, but an event is not successful unless we have a great turnout. We can't thank you enough for your continued support to Aloha United Way. Rest assured that your contributions are going to help thousands of families in need.

Here are the facts and the details so far after the initial accounting:

- 60 cars in attendace - our highest so far after 4 years of doing this with Walter.
- We have nearly doubled our donations from $1700 last year to $3040!!!
- 83 people signed the petition to keep KRP alive!
- I will let Walter recap the sponsors this year.

All in all, I'm glad that there were no major hitches and accidents. The only minor exception was when we got booted out by some "campers". But then again, all we had to do was move across the parking lot!
i never new you owned the beach with a camping permit. oh well thank you Ted and Walt for all the work you guys put into this. See you guys at work.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:33 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
great job guys!!!!! i heard the turn out was big. Sorry i missed the event, my car never made it out of the shop on time and to top it off i was gettin all my household goods stuff ready for the movers that were comin on monday,
Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Gratz from da Mainland on another successful cruise! CHEE-HOO!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Gratz from da Mainland on another successful cruise! CHEE-HOO!!!!
LOL, DONG!! You missed out on a great event but I missed out on BAM X!! =(

On a side note, I first and foremost want to Thank all of you!! Wether it be our sponsor's, our event volunteers, and the participants and donator's!! Without ALL of you, none of this would not even been possible and the PR work Ted and I have to do(LOL)!!!

There were a few new faces that I never get to meet but if you guys are on here, introduce yourself and dont be shy!! No worries, we all went thorugh the "NEW GUY" phase and without breaking the "ice" per say, you'll always feel uncomfortable around us! Jus speaking from experience!!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Xen

Car Info: DDP
Originally Posted by dub81

There were a few new faces that I never get to meet but if you guys are on here, introduce yourself and dont be shy!! No worries, we all went thorugh the "NEW GUY" phase and without breaking the "ice" per say, you'll always feel uncomfortable around us! Jus speaking from experience!!
sorry haha..it would have been alot easier for me to meet everyone, and introduce myself if i came to the cruise in the beginning. Also, i apologize for not approaching anyone about the donations/raffle ticket.. i didn't know who to approach, and i was too shy to ask.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:56 AM

Like walt said You can break the ice or break your lip like me :,( lol. Don't be shame I am a noob too. Walt and Ted are probably the easiest guys to talk too and befriend, and they are very knowledgeable if you got questions. Josh is also a cool guy to meet and talk to. He is the one responsible for setting up the weekly meets at various Starbucks locations. Hopefully u can meet more noobs like me. See you guys out there. Deuces

Quick Reply: 10/17/2010 Annual Aloha United Way HIIC Charity Event Gathering & Show n Shine!! FTW