@ Descrimination and Traffic Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
@ Descrimination and Traffic Tickets

I am so tired of it. I just got someone elses ticket... Again. Because I'm blue. I swear that has got to be the reason, because I just can't think of anything else. Coming down the Pali in the right lane, slowing through the first light, and a silver CRV is passing me right as we round the corner and I see the cop. Now, I was technically speeding... We both were. But I was going 45, while apparently he was going 52. I see the cop put on his lights and I slow so that this CRV can get over, and the cop points to me. Seriously, what is this ****? I ask why he didn't ticket the other car, he says he can only laser one at a time. ( I don't have a front license plate since my bumper got ripped off, it's on my dash, so I highly doubt he was gunning me since there's nothing to reflect off of )

How do I fight this? I don't want to pay another BS ticket....

Last edited by Krang; 12-01-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:09 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
I had this EXACT same thing happen to me on H1 Westbound. In the far left lane, a tahoe flew past me and I saw the cop drop his gun and start going. As I'm laughing at the tahoe he comes and pulls me over.

Let me know how/if you fight it. I'd be curious to know how to as well. I just haven't payed mine yet.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:11 PM

Car Info: Foz
thats weak sh*t, my cousin is a cop and they call WRB pull over blue
Old 12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
if you think that is bad, I remember a member getting a ticket for not having a valid US license from HPD. His license was from Puerto Rico but according to the cop, Puerto Rico is not apart of the US. Apparently the judge threw the case out and called the cop stupid and an embarassment to HPD. gotta love the Hawaii education system!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 99 M3,91 SSM Miata,00 CSP Miata,RX330 DD
damn that sucks!
it's almost impossible to fight it, its his word against yours. the best you can do is either pay a lot for a lawyer, or tell the judge you want to go to trial and hope the cop doesn't show.
I've had it done to me, twice. Sucks.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:46 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
"How do I fight this? I don't want to pay another BS ticket...."

Feel for you man.

You can contest the speeding ticket (I did). At court the police officer need not explain why the ticket was issued besides breaking the speed limit. He may be asked questions on how fast you were going, his training, knowledge, and procedures on the laser gun. You will have the burden to convince the judge why the ticket should be overturned. Most judges will just see it as speeding as long its over the stated speed limit. (for me I tried to convince the judge I did go over the speed limit, just not what the officer stated.) Though (ironically) they may still throwout your ticket depending on your reason, unfortunately you still retain the points insurance wise.

Good luck!

re; laser gun, areas where the officer lasers and tags the vehicle is the license plate, but can include the reflective portion of your headlights.

Last edited by ojichan sti; 12-01-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Kailua Vehicle Fire

Wow, I'm dumb

EDIT!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Originally Posted by Krang
I am so tired of it. I just got someone elses ticket... Again. Because I'm blue. I swear that has got to be the reason, because I just can't think of anything else. Coming down the Pali in the right lane, slowing through the first light, and a silver CRV is passing me right as we round the corner and I see the cop. Now, I was technically speeding... We both were. But I was going 45, while apparently he was going 52. I see the cop put on his lights and I slow so that this CRV can get over, and the cop points to me. Seriously, what is this ****? I ask why he didn't ticket the other car, he says he can only laser one at a time. ( I don't have a front license plate since my bumper got ripped off, it's on my dash, so I highly doubt he was gunning me since there's nothing to reflect off of )

How do I fight this? I don't want to pay another BS ticket....
So you have nothing to complain about right? You were speeding, and the officer gave you a ticket. You don't want a ticket, don't speed.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:22 PM

There's a very large monetary difference between 20mph over and 10mph over. Also, I was moving with traffic ( if you tell me you are going 35mph at the first speed limit change sign coming down the Pali, you are a liar ) while ******* next to me was blasting down the road. I simply wanted to be completely open with it as I have nothing to hide here. Bottom line, the other guy should have recieved it.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
It's that time of the year again..... Too many speed traps. Y'know, I can understand that people may think posted speed limits are slow, but you could do 5 over the limit and run less of a risk. Now i know people fly on the pali and likelike, but the only way to not get a speeding ticket is not to speed. *spoken from experience*
Old 12-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by touge-n00b
So you have nothing to complain about right? You were speeding, and the officer gave you a ticket. You don't want a ticket, don't speed.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 1989 Honda Civic, 11ʻ R1 & 09ʻ GSXR600
There's a very large monetary difference between 20mph over and 10mph over. Also, I was moving with traffic ( if you tell me you are going 35mph at the first speed limit change sign coming down the Pali, you are a liar ) while ******* next to me was blasting down the road. I simply wanted to be completely open with it as I have nothing to hide here. Bottom line, the other guy should have recieved it.
Ryan,

I am with you on the Pali Speed Signs.
I got pulled over on the Pali at the first Stop Lights going into town before.
I was in Neutral and I got pulled over. I think it was my Gold rims (at the time) that made me stand out.

I just paid it and saved the headache...
Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 PM

Driving has caused me a lot of stress lately, and this was the fly that broke the horses back. They need to start giving tickets for things OTHER than speeding. How about giving tickets to those "nice" people who stop on Kam highway and back up 40 cars to let one person turn out....? I see that as a huge safety issue. Or the people who somehow got a drivers license but don't know you can make a right turn at a red light? Anyway, I'm done with this. I'm going to go talk to the judge and state my reasons, if the cop shows up he can explain why and we will see where it goes, I just think its silly to let police just set up at the bottom of the pali where NOBODY is going the posted limit, and just write ticket after ticket after ticket to those commuting into town. If I was in the left lane he wouldn't have blinked at me, but I was on the right so it was "convenient", and that's exactly what I'm going to say.

Peace.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Xen

Car Info: DDP
Driving has caused me a lot of stress lately, and this was the fly that broke the horses back. They need to start giving tickets for things OTHER than speeding. How about giving tickets to those "nice" people who stop on Kam highway and back up 40 cars to let one person turn out....? I see that as a huge safety issue. Or the people who somehow got a drivers license but don't know you can make a right turn at a red light? Anyway, I'm done with this. I'm going to go talk to the judge and state my reasons, if the cop shows up he can explain why and we will see where it goes, I just think its silly to let police just set up at the bottom of the pali where NOBODY is going the posted limit, and just write ticket after ticket after ticket to those commuting into town. If I was in the left lane he wouldn't have blinked at me, but I was on the right so it was "convenient", and that's exactly what I'm going to say.

Peace.
good luck with the trial. i hope the cop doesnt show up
Old 12-02-2010, 01:23 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
thats why i installed a blinder

Quick Reply: @ Descrimination and Traffic Tickets