***Friends WRX Stolen***

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 03:35 AM

Car Info: car
dang this all really sux... now im paranoid, guess im gonna go ahead and add as much security features the walet will allow, which isnt much, but anything to slow down the theives from starting the car.... should be some fun diy projects.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
if i'm not mistaken the 05 sti have the immobilizer built into the key correct? so unless you have the key you wont be able to start the car.....so a thief is better off towing the car away. anyone care to chime in on this?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:08 AM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
how much is that club for the brake?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:21 AM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
My gf had that club for the brake and the thieves was still able to bend it with a short lever bar that they left in the car after we found and recovered it,...

If you want to install a DIY kind of theft deterrant yourself, you can install like a relay and toggle switch going to the fuel pump, or simply pull and take the fuel pump relay or fuse with you if you have to park your car for a while,..

May not "stop" a thief if they have the time, but would slow them down till they figure it out,..
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
the club for the brake ran me 65 at checkers
Old 09-09-2005, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
if i'm not mistaken the 05 sti have the immobilizer built into the key correct? so unless you have the key you wont be able to start the car.....so a thief is better off towing the car away. anyone care to chime in on this?
yes. it does. 2004 sti's do not. so those chancing it without an alarm--- good luck.
spend the 200-500 bucks rather than that downpipe, exaust or performance upgrades... and while you are at it why not add some insurance coverage for the extras too.. through your home insurance or additional through your car insurance.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 09-09-2005, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
that club for the brake...a friend o mine bought one at either wal mart or kmart for 39 bucks on sale
Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by WRaigeX
that club for the brake...a friend o mine bought one at either wal mart or kmart for 39 bucks on sale

sorry its at daiei....till tomorrow
Old 09-09-2005, 04:27 PM

Car Info: car
Originally Posted by 4080wrx

yea, but from what i heard it only slows down the process for the people that know what they are doing. so it just buys some time for u to get there and kick their a$$. i need a 2way alarm. I shoulda got one after i got a fatty dent on one of my doors.....
Old 09-09-2005, 04:55 PM

Car Info: your mom.
thieves are cretins. if they want you car badly enough, they will get it. car jackings, towing, or even waiting for you to return to your car in a parking lot. all you can do is try to deter the amateurs and joyriders.

in Texas you can shoot a car thief if you catch them in the act. not saying you should, but there, you can.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:11 AM

Car Info: 09 WrX Pearl White 5dr hb / 04 Wrx White
Originally Posted by hangbot
in Texas you can shoot a car thief if you catch them in the act. not saying you should, but there, you can.
i wish the same here in hawaii... so you can shoot the car thief stealing any suby car that you can see...
Old 09-10-2005, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
the first thing i got was an alarm, plus it helps to live in a close gate fence with 3 dogs runnin around, i was told by mom that someone was looking at my car, don't know if they were just admiring or something else...but it'll be pretty hard to steal my car and if they do i give them props and be pretty **** about it...
Old 09-11-2005, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
just curious, do the new subies have an embeded chip to prevent theft. i know a few other manf. have them. just curious, if subarus have them.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:05 AM

Car Info: 2004 STi
Originally Posted by allenssn715
That's a great idea. Maybe if everyone starts posting up car and vehicle descriptions license plates of suspected car shoppers we'll be able to help HPD catch them.

MMMMM from living in many other states, HPD seems about as useful as a solar powered flashlight....

I recommend a kill switch down stream of your ignition, a lo-jack device, or one of the Car Alarms that can be programmed to call your cell phone in the event of an intrusion.

There is some tricky **** out there, if you live in a problem area check out the stuff that is available.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by LukeSTi
MMMMM from living in many other states, HPD seems about as useful as a solar powered flashlight....

I recommend a kill switch down stream of your ignition, a lo-jack device, or one of the Car Alarms that can be programmed to call your cell phone in the event of an intrusion.

There is some tricky **** out there, if you live in a problem area check out the stuff that is available.
programmed to call your celly, that's cool..never heard about that...

Quick Reply: ***Friends WRX Stolen***