***Friends WRX Stolen***

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:49 AM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Angry ***Friends WRX Stolen***

Yesterday morning (Around 12:00a.m. - 6:00a.m) My friend's stock 2002 WRX(WRB Wagon)was stolen from his garage(He will get back to me on the licence plate #).....his lives in the pearl city area near the 2 story zippys.....Please beware.....according to the police, there is a BIG increase in impreza's being stolen in the last week or so.....XraigeX also has a post here in i-club about his other ride being stolen....now i'm paranoid.....so look out guys, have your baseball bats ready......I know I have mine

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 09-08-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:23 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Stolen from the garage!? damn! Hopefully, your friend finds his car in decent condition. I know the local Subaru community is relatively tight and chances are this car will be recovered.

btw, I thought WRaigeX's bike was stolen, not the car.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:25 AM

Car Info: your mom.
in the tri-state(NY/NJ/CT) WRXs get stolen like crazy. for a while there was a group of guys stealing them from peoples garages and work parking lots. car thieves should be punished by the people whose cars have been stolen.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 2010 STI
Some one tried to steal my car on the morning of the second. Had just moved to barbers point 2 days prior, came out around 6 am and the drivers door was open, and the car was running. Something must have scared them away.

Sherri
Old 09-08-2005, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Any damage?

Originally Posted by racer_chick
Some one tried to steal my car on the morning of the second. Had just moved to barbers point 2 days prior, came out around 6 am and the drivers door was open, and the car was running. Something must have scared them away.

Sherri
was your steering column all messed up? How did they start your car...man that was a close one...

I'm surprised you didn't hear your car start with your RS*R TBE...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:13 AM

they pulled the steering wheel off, and took the plastic cover under the steering column off. Didn't break any thing, didn't cut any wires, just took the starter apart and started it some how that way. All the pieces were removed carefully and placed in the back seat. I think they would have stolen it but they completely broke the steering wheel off and it was sitting in the pasenger seat.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:15 AM

we had just got moving for the past 2 days so I was dead tired, probably why I didn't hear it. plus the silencer is in, so if you don't hit the gas its not loud at all.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:28 AM

Wow...that is really messed up...

Time to start setting up traps and triggers in the car...

So what are you going to do now? I can't believe this kind of stuff is going on here...I'm really starting to get bummed out...

How did they get in the car?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
heres a no0b question. isnt hawaii small enough that if a car is stolen it can be recovered quickly? when i was there last, i got from the airport to the hotel in less that 20 min. our cab driver told us we saw more than half the island. i was staying in honolulu.

side note: any of you guys have lojack?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Island Style
Time to start setting up traps and triggers in the car...

So what are you going to do now? I can't believe this kind of stuff is going on here...I'm really starting to get bummed out...

How did they get in the car?
car is getting fixed, but I am ready to sell it.

they slid something at top of the window and there where to hand prints that looked liked they pulled the window out enough to slid something in and hit the door locks. Sucks because I had planned on getting a alarm that weekend. never really needed on before because I have always had a garage to keep the car in.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:33 AM

I moved back 3 years ago..

and cannot believe...

1. How many miles you can rack up on this Island...I bought my car in 2003 and now have 34K miles on it...In Anchorage Alaska...I probably put on 6-7K miles a year...

2. How many cars "Dissapear" here...we are on an island for pete's sake....they get stolen and parted out that fast...after a while, they find the pieced out, junked out carcasses of the cars in remote areas such as near Kailua's Quarry...

I am really starting to get depressed...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:37 AM

Your situation...

Originally Posted by racer_chick
car is getting fixed, but I am ready to sell it.

they slid something at top of the window and there where to hand prints that looked liked they pulled the window out enough to slid something in and hit the door locks. Sucks because I had planned on getting a alarm that weekend. never really needed on before because I have always had a garage to keep the car in.
Really makes me want to do the same...man...Luckily, I do have a garage...and an alarm...looks like I won't be taking my car to the theatre or dinner anymore...

So you are really going to sell your car? Your car is nicely thought out and looks real nice...think twice...don't let the thieves make you sell it...bummers.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:42 AM

I have been thinking about it a lot. just get irritated with people that feel the need to steal other peoples things. And the fact that no matter where I park the car there will always be some idiot that parks next to me and hits my car with their door when the get out.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:54 AM

yup...it's a double edged sword...

You park in Booneyland (like I do) and it is easier for people to steal...you park what you think is far from others with two or three stalls between you and the next car and they have to park right next to you...Sigh....

I am trying to take things in stride...dents can be pulled fairly easily now...but every new one does hurt...

I really like my car...hate to sell it...I, like you, have done a lot to my car...not sure I want to give it all up...
Old 09-08-2005, 12:21 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Damn... it has begun...

Quick Reply: ***Friends WRX Stolen***