***Bad News From Iraq***

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Angry ***Bad News From Iraq***

Well Fellas, Today it has been very crazy out here...

A soldier doing tower guard was shot to the head by an Iraqi Sniper, his battle buddy with him at the tower tried to render aid / cpr but the fallen soldier was not responding, The soldier got in the radio and reported to XXX XXXX, and said; "My B.buddy is down, he is bleeding , he is hit to the head, I need help,I need help" The person on the other side of the radio, was trying to calm him down and telling him, continue to do CRP untill the medics get there, He continued to do CPR, and was on the radio again, cursing out the person on the radio where the Fk is the medics, I need support, he is going to die,,,help mudfkrs, help,,,The person on the other side continued with his professionalism, and told him they are on the way... Finally medics came over and relieved him from CPR, Apache Helicopters every where looking for the sniper,,,,etc, etc, etc,,,,

This aint right,,,

Much blessings to the fallen soldier and his family and to the soldier with him in the tower..

I was about 4 towers away from them checking up on my 2 soldiers,,,Its been very crazy,,,,

Just take a moment for this soldier,,,Thanks,,, Jose

Last edited by thunder_sti; 08-05-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
man, you guys are all gonna be in my prayers tonight...
Old 08-05-2006, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
My prayers go out to him, his family, his friends, and especially you guys.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
To all you out in the field, stay safe. You and your families are in my thoughts.
Hope you all come home soon.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:03 PM

Car Info: 06' WRX Wagon Ltd WRB
Your almost at a loss of words when you hear about things of this nature, especially for those who have been there, know people there, going there, or have friends or family fighting and defending. It makes ya feel guilty that you r where your at and not there in the $hit with the rest of the troops. One of my boys came back from Iraq in 03, and still wakes up in the middle of the night thinking he's clearing rooms, just straight tripping. There are inside jokes about having PTSD among soldiers but it does happen, alot. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by socal9
Your almost at a loss of words when you hear about things of this nature, especially for those who have been there, know people there, going there, or have friends or family fighting and defending. It makes ya feel guilty that you r where your at and not there in the $hit with the rest of the troops. One of my boys came back from Iraq in 03, and still wakes up in the middle of the night thinking he's clearing rooms, just straight tripping. There are inside jokes about having PTSD among soldiers but it does happen, alot. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

That is very true about PTSD:
Ive been here 3 times now,,, and Im one of the many soldiers with PTSD which will be with us for the rest of our lives,,, I know what you mean and what your friend is going thru,,, It's not much us,,, we can deal with it, but its the family members in that house who witness, our flashbacks, and every other symptoms we have,,, Its all about them..

Thanks...

Last edited by thunder_sti; 08-05-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:06 PM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
Originally Posted by socal9
well said...come home soon Jose...
Old 08-07-2006, 07:34 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Be careful out there. Those rat f**k sons of b!tches are in the dark and always lurking.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:48 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
What ever happened to the system that could track a round back on it's ballistic trajectory?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
They are there. It's just that they can only scan in 2 directions at any given time. They're designed for incoming artillery but can pick up small arms fire as well, however, they're normally going to be aimed at azimuths where the highest potential for mortar and artillery rounds might be fired from.

Such a shame, Jose. You all are in my prayers nightly. Extra for the families of the fallen.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:25 PM

This what I did in the Army with UAVs, this is a clip of an airforce predaor UAV but you get the picture. Direct hit, BDA= Bad Guys Pwned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amzu-nKzVzM
Old 08-08-2006, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I love that video.

I was there for 6 months and barely saw any action and still wake up and look for my M16 and body armor. Its scary. I got back January 06.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Troll

Yep, we have bunch of them here in our Camp...They are loud as hell, though!!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:22 PM

I probably know alot of the Army and civilian UAV guys over there. Yeah depending on what system they are flying they can get loud on the ground, but once up at operating altitudes not that noticable. UAVs are some time a logistical pain the A$$ to deal with or work around airpace wise. When it comes down to the bad guy shooting at unmanned vs manned planes its all worth it.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:09 AM

Car Info: 01 Impreza 2.5RS (GM6) & '08 Evo MR
=( sad.....this is actually the third time i log in here ever since my husband (4080wrx) created my account....as some of you may have known, it's been 10 days since the day he left for iraq...hhmm i don't know what to say...i'm a little bummed out...my head turned so quick as soon as i read the topic "Bad News From Iraq"...really thought iraq would've gotten better by now but i guess not...that sucks...can't really do anything but to give my husband my full support...no matter what it takes...and pray for all the soldier's safety...and to jose, i haven't met you yet but i know that my husband knows you...stay safe up there and take care....and to my husband as well...come home safe daddy...and we'll see you soon...goodnight everyone!

Quick Reply: ***Bad News From Iraq***