Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Weapon R dragon intake beats most short ram

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 07:03 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by Forestar
the only difference is that they use the PRM air filter.
That's not the only difference.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:27 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
The Cobb's design not only uses better materials and a better filter, but the inclosed filter design creates a velocity stack which increases airflow across the board. Its simple physics.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:22 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
Originally posted by Forestar
I said difference from one intake to the next, not overall. The Weapon R might suck overall because of the low end loss, but it's been said it works good in the high end. I'm not trying to defend the Weapon R, but if you look at the Cobb, the only difference is that they use the PRM air filter. If that is the case why not just get the filter which runs for $140 and get some piping at maybe $60 and you have yourself a Cobb intake for $100 off without the Cobb sticker. Maybe getting a used Weapon R for $50 and combine the piping with the PRM filter. How much more gain are you really going to get with this setup compared to keeping stock box and piping it to the fender with a K&N filter like the Ganz and PDM Racing intake? Again, all i'm saying is that if you have the cash go ahead, but you could spend half as much and get comparable gains.
Ok I can't read. Regardless, maybe 5hp peak. More importantly the Cobb intake has a better powerband and more area under the curve which will lead to better driving characteristics. If all you want is sound, Weapon *R is fine if you want performance get a CAI preferably Cobb.

JC
Old 06-09-2003, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by vr4impreza
This may be a little off subject, but everyone here seems to be an expert (or at least thinks so) I just installed a Weapon R cold air intake and now my car won't idle. It runs GREAT, noticable increase in top end and sounds great, I don't agree with the argument that you get more airflow at higher RPMs because you are at a higher speed cause I can notice in 1st gear at 20 mph when I reach that top end that I have more power, and then through the shifting stages it drops and gains, but that is simple HP curve I think.
Anyway I REALLY REALLY would appreciate som unbiased help on how to get my car to idle, I don't want Weapon R Bashing, I don't care I bought it and intend to make it work, it obviously will, I just need help on this(btw I have tried resetting ecu, driving for some time, you name it) (I might not be resetting ecu right, some help there would be appreciated.
Do yourself a favor and start a new thread with this question. That way we'll have a fresh state of mund when we read it. Also, what do you mean 'not idling'? Is it stalling? Idle is too high? Lumpy?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 rs coupe
Originally posted by BAN SUVS
Wow, that's great.... someone threw an intake on a VTEC-equipeed Honda with an 8000 rpm redline, and it runs 15.5@87.... awesome.

Weapon-R intakes are the WORST possible intake for a Subaru. Period. You're better off going to Home Depot and running heater ducting out through your hood scoop.
I totally agree weapon r sucks if you can get an jc sports great if not get an aem or cobb intake they are the best out there right now!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:26 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Edit: Yes I have seen them, its just been awhile, LOL

Last edited by Kostamojen; 06-17-2003 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by Reno GT
I fried an exhaust valve with the weapon-r $1300 bucks. just don't keep the motor at high rpm's
No other mods?

Quick Reply: Weapon R dragon intake beats most short ram