Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Stromung

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 10:54 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza RS
Stromung

I wanna get the Stromung dual tip catback for my 01 RS. I'm tired of having my car sound stock so I figured the Stromung would be a good mod. I do like how it looks stock so that people won't think I'm a lil rice girl I've seen it, at the most, for $595. I was wondering if anyone knows of some websites/places/people that are selling it for cheaper. Used would even be ok...as long as it's SS. Any help would be grrrreatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

-Analisa
Old 10-03-2004, 04:24 PM

Car Info: '02 OBS '03 Baja
I have the cat-back SS dual tip that you speak of. It's one of the best. I bought mine from Boxer4Racing from Dale Teague. I'm not sure about shopping around, I don't think too many people actually sell the dual tip anymore. But it sounds great, and looks stock. Brian
Old 10-03-2004, 08:49 PM

do you have any idea why people don't really get the dual tip?
Old 10-03-2004, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Flash n Dash (vendors here) sell the twin tip stromung stuff.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:24 AM

Car Info: '02 OBS '03 Baja
Regarding the dual tip, I think a lot of people still want to shoot large pieces of fruit out the rear of their car. But that's up to the person driving it. So I think the single, larger diameter muffler tips are still hot. Brian
Old 10-04-2004, 01:32 PM

I ordered direct from stromung, since they are in CA and closer to me than boxer4racing, they take orders via phone (714) 596-2237. I have their hi-flow cat--midpipe--dual tip muffler and i like it alot
Old 10-04-2004, 04:30 PM

Well, I found a place that sells it about 45 minutes away from my house for $615. Which is a little more than I would've wanted to pay but oh well. I want it and I want it now! I can't wait any longer SO I think I'm gonna call back that guy and pick it up today or tomorrow. Woo hoo! I heard it's easy to install without even using a car lift...but how do I break the bolts? Anyways...hopefully by the next time I post in this thread, I'll have my Stromung.

-Analisa
Old 10-04-2004, 07:28 PM

yeah its easy my friend and i did it with a floor jack. make sure you put some wd-40 on the bolts. i broke the bolts holding the mid-pipe on the cat and had to wait till the next day to buy some new ones before i could hear it.
matt

p.s. it might have been that i used a hammer on the socket to get them off that broke them but they were stuck on there good.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:39 PM

ok, so i ordered the stromung dual tip from aerosim like last monday and i still haven't gotten it!!!! i'm soooo upest. seriously, what is taking so long? i was all exciting about getting it, too. my boyfriend ordered stuff for his RS like a few days ago and his stuff has already come in. sucky. soooo, hopefully it'll come in this week. my friend has an impact gun so we're gonna work on it at his house.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:40 PM

ok, so i ordered the stromung dual tip from aerosim like last monday and i still haven't gotten it!!!! i'm soooo upest. seriously, what is taking so long? i was all exciting about getting it, too. my boyfriend ordered stuff for his RS like a few days ago and his stuff has already come in. sucky. soooo, hopefully it'll come in this week. my friend has an impact gun so we're gonna work on it at his house.

-Analisa
Old 10-12-2004, 07:23 AM

Car Info: '02 white OBS
it's called patience.....

just be happy you didn't order anything from cobb.....i know people who have waited several MONTHS for their stuff!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I would have ordered it straight from Stromung instead of getting it through aerosim

Your can install it without airtools, but if you got them it makes it that much more easier.

Great exhaust, I have one of the original dual tips. Well, it's now in my back yard, rusted out! but yeah, 5 years will do that to a mild steel exhaust. I loved it, it's a great exhaust, and it makes the most power of all typical 2.5 RS setups.

-Gagan
Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 AM

Haha, yeah I'm trying to have some patience. I could've gotten it straight from Stromung but it's cheaper through Aerosim and I always gotta try to save myself some money. How much extra horse comes from the Stromung anyway...?

-Analisa
Old 10-16-2004, 01:53 PM

Well, I picked up my Stromong on Thursday but haven't had time to install it. Hopefully, after work today I can get it installed. I'm like sooo excited! According to everybody, it should be easy so um, we'll see. I'll post again when I have it installed.

-Analisa
Old 10-16-2004, 10:31 PM

Well, I'm happy to say that I have my Stromung installed. I got off of work early, went to my friend's house and we worked on it with my boyfriend. My bf started taking over so I had to put him in his place so I was able to install it myself. Why do guys do that?! It's so annoying. Anyways...it sounds really nice. I have my backseats out so that's what is probably making it sound really loud. I'm sure it won't be so loud when I put them back it. Well, I love my catback. I recommend it to anyone who wants a stock looking and nice sounding catback. Thanks for all the help from the people who posted in my lil thread.

-Analisa

P.S. Next on my list...Borla headers and Cobb intake. So stay tuned for future threads

Quick Reply: Stromung