Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

SPT Performance Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
SPT Performance Exhaust

Just wondering if anyone has purchased or heard anything about it. Seems like it could be a good deal just curious on the sound and if at all any power increase. I'm interested in buying it but really wanted to hear what it sounded like first cause I dont want anything too loud but at the same time i want something that is loud enough. If anyone knows anything it'd be much appreciated!!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:10 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
my guess is that you could find a better looking, better sounding and properly fitting exhaust for cheaper and more easily available than through SPT. Not knocking subaru but the dealership I've been to has utterly rediculous prices on performance mods through them.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:01 PM

Just to let ya know i purchased the Bosal Performance Cat-Back Exhaust that Subaru provides but decided to purchase outside of the dealer. I ordered mine from daddy's sport compact performance www.daddysscp.com, where i got it for $359.95 shipped, which can't be beat considering i saved at least $100 by not buying it from the dealer. He uses Fed Ex Home Delivery so you can get it Saturdays, and the service was great so if interested definetly get it from them. It will be installed tomorrow so i'll let you know how it is. here is a link to a video/sound clip of the exhaust. SPT Performance Exhaust by Bosal - Video/Sound Clip
Old 02-23-2004, 09:16 PM

thats REALLY quiet
Old 02-24-2004, 10:39 AM

I agree that we want to avoid "civic country" but that thing sounds just as quiet as stock, kind of a dissapointment for the money spent. I have a cat back on my leg that really growls, it isnt really loud but it definately isnt quiet either, but even at its loudest its not like a civic. You will be hard pressed to make a flat engine's burble sound like an inline 4's buzz.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:21 PM

The exhaust is by no means quiet and several notches louder then stock. It's perfect especially for the price. It's all a matter of preference, some like them louder then others, but this one is plenty loud enough for me. Videos and sound clips really dont give it any justice until you actually get it on your car and hear it. Well worth the $360 to order it and the $55 to have it installed.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:01 AM

I agree with WHitelegacy. The Bosal sounds too quiet. When I got my wrx, I wanted a quiet exhaust, one that didn't attact a cop's attention. So i got the Greddy Evo exhaust. Quiet at low rpms, and roars at high rpms. Absolutely LOVE the sound, it had a nice DEEP rumble. But as the months went by, I found myself opening all the windows just to hear it. With all the windows up, it sounded stock. During the winter I couldn't open my windows cause it was so cold outside. Anyways, I wanted something a tad bit louder since I wasn't planning to go catless any time soon. So I got the Hks hi power exhaust. The sound level is just perfect, but doesn't have as deep a rumble sound like the Greddy does. Here's a short movie clip of the Greddy Evo on a catless wrx. Greddy Evo Clip

But either way, different strokes for different folks. I just hope you don't end up like me and wanting something a tad bit louder later on

Last edited by TurnWRX; 02-25-2004 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by blue03wrx
It's all a matter of preference, some like them louder then others, but this one is plenty loud enough for me.
the only thing that matters is that you are happy with your purchase, I was just giving my personal preference, its all good. N-JOI!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by TurnWRX
I agree with WHitelegacy. The Bosal sounds too quiet. When I got my wrx, I wanted a quiet exhaust, one that didn't attact a cop's attention. So i got the Greddy Evo exhaust. Quiet at low rpms, and roars at high rpms. Absolutely LOVE the sound, it had a nice DEEP rumble. But as the months went by, I found myself opening all the windows just to hear it. With all the windows up, it sounded stock. During the winter I couldn't open my windows cause it was so cold outside. Anyways, I wanted something a tad bit louder since I wasn't planning to go catless any time soon. So I got the Hks hi power exhaust. The sound level is just perfect, but doesn't have as deep a rumble sound like the Greddy does. Here's a short movie clip of the Greddy Evo on a catless wrx. Greddy Evo Clip

But either way, different strokes for different folks. I just hope you don't end up like me and wanting something a tad bit louder later on
The Bosal single tip strikes a nice cord for something mild to begin with, and if you ever go with a catless downpipe you'll find you've still got an exhaust you can live with. Now if you want something that sounds outright mean, you go with the Bosal Twin Tip. Some say it's too loud. Well, they say Harley Davidson's are loud too. Check out this clip of the dual tip.

Bosal Dual Tip (clip w/3rd cat eliminator)

Clip courtesy of www.daddysscp.com
Old 03-11-2004, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
ya that is quiet, here is something a little louder:

Right click, save as
ftp://rs25:rs25@powerflux.cjb.net/RS...trackpipe).mpg

Quick Reply: SPT Performance Exhaust