Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

quick performance mods (intakes, chips, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 10:41 PM

quick performance mods (intakes, chips, etc)

i want to do something to my 2.5rs, but i dont want to jeopardize the warrenty in any way... so i was thinking maybe a drop in filter, or something like that, or maybe a performance chip (if they make one)

thanks in advance for any advice
Old 03-17-2003, 10:57 PM

yeah thats what i was afraid of :\

i have a 2003 2.5rs ( i need to make a sig on day)

on my old car i voided the warrenty so many different ways (i had a dodge avenger) they got mad at every little thing i did, and im to lazy to switch stuff back to stock... especially change the headers back hehe

im not looking for anything crazy, just a couple of extra HP, or at least sound like i have a lil more power
Old 03-18-2003, 06:49 AM

on my 02 rs, i added a cobb intake, scoobysport axleback, and custom midpipe these are easy bolt on peices that should make your car more driveable and will not void your warrenty. plus its easy enough to just throw the stock intake back on if you need to go in for warrenty work.

i also added the GFB pulleys - these are a little more difficult than simply bolting on or unbolting if i need to go in for work.

eibach prokit springs, cusco rear sway bar, cusco strut tower bars. you should be fine with simple bolt ons like this.
a chip will most certainly void your ecu warrenty and most likely everything else if you have a shady dealer because you have to splice into the ecu wiring.
take a look at the cobb intake and a cheap catback, or even just the axleback if you dont want to do the midpipe.
have fun
Pat
Old 03-18-2003, 05:21 PM

Re: quick performance mods (intakes, chips, etc)

Originally posted by TeamNCT
i want to do something to my 2.5rs, but i dont want to jeopardize the warrenty in any way... so i was thinking maybe a drop in filter, or something like that, or maybe a performance chip (if they make one)

thanks in advance for any advice
Anything you do to your Subaru (Engine/power modification wise) will 'Jeopardize' the warranty. A drop in K&N filter is probably the only thing that may not.

People will quote laws and other stuff but what's important to know is that different dealerships interpret what voids the warranty and what doesn't. Even if they are in the wrong and your modification has nothing to do with a problem you might have in the future, they still can try to connect your problem with the mod(s) you have done. If you are willing to fight a dealership in this situation, just be careful in your modifications and be sure that it isn't likely to damage a part you may need warranted.

It may also be a good idea to talk to someone at the dealership(s) you intend on taking your car to if work is needed to see what they consider a modification that may void your warranty. Then you get to hear it right from the horses mouth. At least you'll have an idea on what they may or may not look for when servicing your car. Happy Modding!
Old 03-18-2003, 07:58 PM

the dealership near me is really mod friendly... but i think its becuase they can make mad money off of me installing the stuff for me to fit "warrenty" specifications or whatever

the dealer told me i could turbo my car and keep it under warrenty haha

i think im just gonna stick to some exterior mods and call it a day (for now) hehe