Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Looking For 2.5 RS suggestions READ PLZ

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:18 PM

Car Info: 2007 Wrx Sti
ok. theres this guy in my town who has the exact car as me, red 2.5 rs coupe same wing and all. so i followed him tohis house to ask himwht hes done to his car. (turns out he worked for a subaru engine sawp company kinda thing) and he says to me go open the hood on my car, so i go. and to my suprise has an sti engine in it which was pretty col. isaid tohim i would love to do this. then i told him ive found a supercharger kit (hence the austalian one) and he said he did that to his normal 2.5 engine and it blew, so he said not to do it, and tht if ur seriously gonna do it just swap the engine, which is why now he has an sti engine. soo yeah all these stories are startin to change my mind.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:40 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by Suby Kid
ok. there's this guy in my town who has the exact car as me, red 2.5 rs coupe same wing and all. so i followed him to his house to ask him what hes done to his car. (turns out he worked for a subaru engine swap company kinda thing) and he says to me go open the hood on my car, so i go. and to my surprise has an sti engine in it which was pretty col. I said to him i would love to do this. then i told him i've found a supercharger kit (hence the Australian one) and he said he did that to his normal 2.5 engine and it blew, so he said not to do it, and that if ur seriously gonna do it just swap the engine, which is why now he has an sti engine. soo yeah all these stories are starting to change my mind.
If your that worried that you might get a bad one, hell I am even betting he messed it up himself, but regardless, if that's the case, go suspension first, then go cams and intake and exhaust then ecu if you wanna drop the $$$. ej251's don't make a lot of n/a power, the sti swap is not simple either, even just swapping the engine will require some ecu tuning or at the worst another ecu because of the compression ratios, the 2.5rs ecu wont do as well with them. If you not looking to dump that kind of money, then go n/a and save up for body, you've got a light car so not a lot of power will go quite a ways with good suspension. Just my few cents.

P.S. sorry for grammar fix, it was late and reading it hurt my head, lol. Mine is just as bad usually so all good.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 AM

ok so listen to this guys. i just replaced my front oxygen sensor right. (it had four codes on one sensor) then the car was fine. just today the light cam back on. fml.. But recently ive been noticing when im driving tht my ABS light will start blinking, along with my lights kinda goin wavy, and my dash lights doing the same. this only happens occasionly but its a mystery to me. i think it might be something in the alternator but ive even, parked against a wall reved it, and they dont change. Weeirrdd. sooo any suggestions or help??
Old 01-16-2010, 12:15 AM

Car Info: Honda
Its a good one only from me because you can find good results with this. Go for this no problem.

Last edited by sigma pi; 01-18-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:52 AM

i installed a new alternator, and all the problems went away.