Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

I need pic of button under clutch petal (cruise control issue)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:07 PM

Car Info: '08 FXT Dark Gray Metallic
Question Cruise control help (both buttons under petals are intacted)

I have been having an ongoing issue where my cruise control does not work. The button lights up but the joy-stick on the steering wheel does nothing.

I am looking for (among other suggestions) a picture of the button under the clutch petal that I have heard, causes some car's cruise controls not to work. From my understanding it is something that the cruise control contacts while not in use, causing the button to un-press when the clutch is pushed in, shutting down the cruise control. If this button is missing or broken, the car thinks your clutch is always in.

Can someone PLEASE snap a picture of this for me so I can look to see if I'm missing it??? I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by 2point5AWD; 07-18-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:53 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza Wagon 2.5i
Not exactly what you asked for, but (http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...ghlight=cruise) this might help.

From the sound of it, if your button is broke, you should be able to start your car WHILE IN NEUTRAL without depressing the clutch. That could be a reasonable test. Also, the post describes where the switch is located.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:16 PM

All right- I went to the car, put it in neutral, turned the key and ... the car did not turn on. I looked under and I'm still not sure I'm looking at the correct thing. I saw a button with a sprint on the back that pushed it so that when the clutch is pushed in, the button is protruding. When the clutch is returned the button is pressed up to the spring. There is nothing attached to the back of this button though (no wires coming out the back or anything). I read somewhere that there are 2 buttons that come in contact with the clutch so I'm still not sure. I'll try to get under and snap a picture this afternoon when I get home and hopefully someone can point it out for me
Old 07-18-2006, 05:38 PM

I took some pictures. Can someone please point out what exactly I am looking for on these images?

Click images to inlarge:

Last edited by 2point5AWD; 07-24-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:53 PM

They are present

Okay. I just went under and looked at both the clutch and brake petal and when I press them down a little black nipple-like-button comes out. Likewise, when I let the petal go back to the resting position it depresses each button.

I guess this is not the problem after all unless there is something else to check in regards to these two mysterious black buttons??

Other than that I'm open to more suggestions on how to fix my cruise control
Old 07-26-2006, 08:42 AM

Thumbs up

IT WORKS!

For any of you that have been following this thread, I was able to get it working. I got some help from the guys at NASIOC and it turned out to be the small hose that runs to the cruise control servo in the engine bay. Apparently when removing the air box it is very easy to hit this hose off and since it is so small, it is easy to overlook. It resides on the passenger side right between the top of the strut and the air box (it looks like a black doughnut).

Here is the NASIOC thread where we figured the issue out