Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Delta Cam Core Donation! Yup ~ FREE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 08:12 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Wink

Originally Posted by nightraven086
OHHH CRRAP!.

Wow, for a mod that good of a deal,.. the only thing thats bothering me is my extended warranty.

Does the regrinded camshafts save gas since its entering more air in the engine and more exhaust out..?
Each dealer handles warranty claims differently. So, can't speak for them. It's not an issue where I work (but, that is an unfair advantage... I understand). Here's the deal. If you install them at an independent shop, NOT at a dealership (electronic tracking and all that) and button it back up NOBODY can tell it's a regrind (do you really think a Suby tech knows the profile by sight?). NO.

Look at it as a little 'subterfuge' and the choice remains with you. I have found the Subys to be bullet proof in the engine bay ~ so I don't really care... don't expect any engine issues anyway.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:16 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Cky47
I was wondering the same thing. I love modding my car, but with high gas prices I would rather keep it from wasting gas.
So, I have Borla headers (ceramic coated), cat back with a modified OEM air box and I picked up 3 mpg (both city AND highway). Now with the Deltas I expect to loose 3 mpg for much better performance. To me ~ it all comes out in the wash ~ I am back to 'stock' mpg numbers! With, a much quicker car.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:57 AM

Heads Up.

Recieved my cams today. Couple of things you WILL need to use diesel oils for break in (they still have phosphates and zinc that our cams/motor need for break in). About 200-250 miles, then you can run your regular oils again (and/or synthetics).

There are also instructions printed on the box that can be ignored with our Subaru engines!

I've got 4 people in line over at RS25 for my cores ~ anyone from I-Club looking at a cam upgrade?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:15 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru 2.5rs
I want to do this for my 02 2.5rs, but can someone help me with the core situation, and whats the total cost to get them swapped then?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:39 PM

Thumbs up The BIG thread is over at RS25.com ~

Originally Posted by turbodog
Do you have any detailed procedures that explain how to remove the cams quickly?

I want to be a part of the chain, but want to be able to r/r the cams quick so the next guy don't have to wait.

give me a link so I can look it over.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthrea...ght=delta+cams

Thanks,

T
Jump over to RS25 and check the thread... install notes from Cobb and other goodies!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:43 PM

Wink

I want to do this for my 02 2.5rs, but can someone help me with the core situation, and whats the total cost to get them swapped then?
The 'core situation' is taken care of ~ I am letting my 'cores' float on a long 'daisy chain' and when all the forums are through, I will get them back. A Suby 'chain letter' if you will...

Sign in over at RS25 if you want to get in line for free cores, so you don't have to sit with your engine open for a week while you wait for the 're-grinds'.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthrea...ght=delta+cams

There are DIY instructions as well as 'labor time' estimates for shop installs.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:10 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru 2.5rs
I was just looking for a estimate on what someone paid to get theres done at a shop.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:22 AM

I was just looking for a estimate on what someone paid to get theres done at a shop.
I think everyone on the list is DIY, or a 'friend' that is a mechanic is helping them, etc. I am getting it done at my dealership (but I am a salesman and only pay $20/hr for labor). I would call a private shop in your area and ask. Or, someone like Rallitek, Cobb, Vishnu. They should be able to give you an idea of 'labor hours'.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:26 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by nightraven086
OHHH CRRAP!.

Wow, for a mod that good of a deal,.. the only thing thats bothering me is my extended warranty.

Does the regrinded camshafts save gas since its entering more air in the engine and more exhaust out..?
No, it will cost you about 2-3 mpg from what others have said. After my intake and exhaust mods I picked up 3 mpg ~ so I will be going back to 'stock' mpg figures... nothing to sneeze at!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
This sounds interesting. I wonder if there was a way I could do this for my 2.2l "L." I could probably do something like this during spring break or something.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:25 AM

Question Dunno.

Originally Posted by darkonion
This sounds interesting. I wonder if there was a way I could do this for my 2.2l "L." I could probably do something like this during spring break or something.
Not sure what is available for the 2.2 engine. But, I posted Delta's contact number in the thread somewhere above ~ really nice guys, they can certainly tell you if they have cams available for that engine.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:05 AM

Does anyone know how much it costs to have cams installed? Just an estimate.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by darkonion
Does anyone know how much it costs to have cams installed? Just an estimate.
This is from a post above ~

"I think everyone on the list is DIY, or a 'friend' that is a mechanic is helping them, etc. I am getting it done at my dealership (but I am a salesman and only pay $20/hr for labor). I would call a private shop in your area and ask. Or, someone like Rallitek, Cobb, Vishnu. They should be able to give you an idea of 'labor hours'."

I would just call an independent Suby shop in your area ~ or if you are not near a Metropolitan area, a dealer to get 'labor hours' on the job. On another forum (posted to my thread) I have heard dealer cost as HIGH as $700! Yee-ouch.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:43 AM

Yeah. I live in the bay and there are plenty of Subie shops around. Not to mention my mechanic.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:49 AM

Thumbs up OK! I now have SOHC & DOHC cores to use for FREE!

I have just received a set of DOHC N/A cams that I am offereing up for you DOHC people! I am going to form the same type of list as I have for the SOHC cams!

In a nut shell, your car will only be down 1 day, the day of the Delta re-grinds are installed in your car!

This is much better then ripping out your OEMs, then waiting with your car open and your ride down for 5-7 days while you wait for round trip shipping and the turn around at Delta!

And the cost of this service cannot be beat. You will simply pay for the shipping of your OEMs to the next person in line! (SOHC=$7 and DOHC = $10).

If you are interested in getting in line for either cores, jump over to RS25.com and do a thread search for 'Delta Cams' ~ you will find both list there. PM me at either place (here or RS25) and I'll place you on the list!

I am at work and can not sign on to RS25, the internet censors don't like RS25 I guess? But, I will post the link late tonight, so you at least won't have to 'search'.

Cheers Mates!

Quick Reply: Delta Cam Core Donation! Yup ~ FREE!