Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

crack'd borla headers. Do their catbacks crack too?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 2006 2.5i Impreza
crack'd borla headers. Do their catbacks crack too?

My borla headers like so many others have cracked after about six months on the car. Was curious if borla catbacks also have the same poor build quality? It is a real pain in the butt to deal with getting it fixed and I was planning on getting the catback to go with the headers, but if they are as prone to problems as the headers I'd much rather go a different route than buy a catback that I'm gonna have to keep getting fixed. Even if they have a million mile warranty it's not worth the hassle.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
I have the Borla catback on my 99RS. I picked it up from a friend for free cause he went turbo. When I got it the flange where the midpipe connects to the cat was completely disconnected from the pipe. I had to slip the flange over the midpipe and grab some bolts from the hardware store and ghetto rig it. Does Borla have the million mile warranty for their catbacks??
Old 07-21-2005, 02:32 PM

Car Info: BRP Impreza RS MY01
They'll honor a warranty if you are the purchaser and have a receipt.

Other than that, they won't even reply to an email.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:26 AM

Car Info: Audi Q5 aka "the old man wagon"
this doesnt quite fit ur question but just to let everyone know with the headers all u need to do is tack them together about 12" before the two pipes come together. ive had about 4 sets of them and just got tired of dealing with the warranty and shipping time so i had a buddy weld them. they have stood up to a lot of high rpms for months now.
on the subject of the rest of borla's piping, i wouldn't trust the welds. if u really want their stuff then get it re-welded after getting it. i know it voids the warranty but it will last a whole lot longer.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by 1SIKBRU
this doesnt quite fit ur question but just to let everyone know with the headers all u need to do is tack them together about 12" before the two pipes come together. ive had about 4 sets of them and just got tired of dealing with the warranty and shipping time so i had a buddy weld them. they have stood up to a lot of high rpms for months now.
on the subject of the rest of borla's piping, i wouldn't trust the welds. if u really want their stuff then get it re-welded after getting it. i know it voids the warranty but it will last a whole lot longer.
Good info. I should have had them tacked together there on mine. The welds looked sorta crappy, so I had a fabricator friend fix them for me. He re-welded all the flange welds and a few other things. Then I had it coated. Hoping it will last...