Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

broken wrist pin

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 07:19 PM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
broken wrist pin

get this one, i heard this horrible knockin, and went to get it looked at, they said it was most likely the timing belt tensioner.
the replaced it today, and it still persisted, the 2nd option, they said the wrist pin could be going, does anybody knoe of any other problems this will casue, it is not broken persay, buy they think the tolereances of the pin have become greater then what the fcatory would keep in.(sorry i am a horrible speller) but has this happen to any one, they said they have to take the engine totaly out and a aprt i have 02 rs, with 33600 miles on it. i would like some opinions on the matter what to ask for and **** i should look out for. ooh yeah i was not doin any stupid **** either, theere is no major moding done to my engine either. just intake. :banana: :banana:
Old 05-12-2004, 06:10 PM

hey it did not turn out to be a brokenb wrist pin, it was excessive wear on piston skirt 2 and 4, has this happened to any one before. i have had no other problems with this car before so i do not know what to say about it. i saw the pistons, they were scuffed on the one side, but they sdaid the block was fine, the only thing that kinda bothered me was that if the pistons were worn, where did they wear on? what did they rub against.
theyy said they were going to replace them, and the piston rings, and the bearings i think so i will see how it turns out, it was pretty cool the tech guy should me all of the parts and said there waaas nothing wrong with anything else.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 1984 Subaru GL Wagon/1999 Subaru Impreza L Wagon
Excessive skirt wear at 33k? Ouch. What kind of oil are you using? And are you doing changes regularly? The only thing the skirts could be wearing on is the cylinder itself or flakes of metal in the oil..
Old 05-14-2004, 06:16 PM

every 3gs and i am using mobil 1
i am thinking becaue of the timing belt tensioner, the timming was off slightly in the engine, and it casued the piston sllap, it is only on one side of the engine so maybe the 2 4 cylinder timing was off and the piston heads were getting knocked around, becaseu the wearing should have been even through out the engine if it was dsomething else.