Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

borla sound at cruising speeds

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 01:24 AM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
I just installed some on my EJ18 with a custom 2" midpipe with a WRX muffler. I can barely even tell I have headers. Its a little louder, with kind of a "wind" sound that I hear from the headers during acceleration... I need to hear it outside the car to tell if its different, but I cant tell right now if it made much of a difference. Im sure a car with a more free-flowing muffler would be louder, although DDmans 02 RS with a magnaflow muffler with a 2.5" midpipe sounds great yet like mine, isnt very loud.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:25 AM
NASIOC Slut

Well my car lacks the apointments of the newer cars, and everything Ive done to the car has made it loud, so I guess I dont notice it much But buddha, i heard your car and it sound normal, and good for a borla'ed car. Sounded alot like DDmans car, nice and rumbly
Old 01-22-2003, 02:23 PM
NASIOC Slut

Originally posted by Buddha
So what would an exhaust leak sound like, if you don't mind my asking.
No idea... But mine sounds like a constant hiss. Oh, and with the stromung, its gonna be loud for sure.

Quick Reply: borla sound at cruising speeds