Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

awww c'mon!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
Try asking at more dealers too. What happend to the engine? You can find a used EJ25 for less than a grand if you want to go that way.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 RS, Subrosa Letum
There is no replacement for displacement. I know you have heard this before. Even though the 2.0 is Subarus workhorse, Cobb has 2.5 blocks that can handle anything a wrx motor can. Don't worry about not knowing how to build motors, thats what forums are for. I have a 2001 RS and would never even dream of putting a (smaller) motor.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 2.5RS pacifica blue with black Tarmacs
Hey Subwall, What exactly is wrong with the engine. I can't see what kind of abuse would cause a Suby engine to explode under normal or even hard driving conditions that wouldn't be covered in the warranty. Usually they'll tell you it's not covered when the blown motor is the result of a modification of some sort. Like having enough NOS to blow yourself up!
Old 07-14-2003, 05:07 PM

Car Info: 2000 RS Coupe/1990 Mazda Protege, zoom zoom..
seriously try a different dealer, there is no way they can diagnosis it over the phone, dont roll over so easy, your car is under warranty and you are entitled to a new engine!

Jay
Old 07-14-2003, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

I totally agree with McDade.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

I feel for ya Subwall, it's a hard call. I know you said you were just driving normally, but I wonder if the previous owner did the damage because if so I'm pretty sure Subaru can tell then your out $500 bucks. My question would be to the dealer is if you could pull the motor and have the SOA tech look at it to save the $500. That's assuming you have the means to do so. And checking out more dealerships is a very good idea as well.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:41 PM

Car Info: 99' black Rs, not stock
Don't let the dealer scare you. I just had to have a short block put in at 59,985 miles. It was consuming 4 quarts of oil every 1k miles. After 4 months of messing around I took it to a reliable dealer and they hooked it up right away. I didn't have to pay any money to have them look at it and wait for SOA to look at it. Then last week ironicly my friend has a 01' and he was driving around as normal as can be and his motor went on him, as in totally died. He got it towed to the dealer that was giving me hard times with my motor and got it fixed without paying money. On a side note, we both needed our motors fixed and while they were on the lots they both got broken into and stuff stolen. How weird is that. The dealers are an hour appart, so it's not like some kid in the area liked stealing from subaru's. Anyhow, take it to another dealer, there in almost no way that they can prove abuse. If they threaten that tell them you're gonna talk to your lawyer. You're still have a warrenty no matter what anyone says. Plus if he already had the engine fixed then they must have put something in wrong and that's why it blew again. That's basically what happend to my friend. Good luck

Quick Reply: awww c'mon!