Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

2.5RS Nos

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
AFAIK there are no ready-made nitrous kits for the Impreza. You have to adapt their 'generic' kit to the car. As it is, nitrous + turbo on an EJ25 is not a wise course of action. You can make all the power you want with just the turbo kit.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black RS
too many movies....
Old 09-11-2003, 09:35 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
I know someone mentioned ZEX making a kit. I never bothered to look and see if they did though.

JC
Old 09-13-2003, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Before you come back with more technical information, please do not use the screen name "spaz." Nitrous does not get read by a MAF- it is a speed/density system which reads the velocity of the air flowing through it and uses an equation to determine the weight of the air passing through per minute. If you add a dry kit to your car, it suddenly runs much leaner, which does make more power, but puts MUCH more stress on your engine. If you use a wet kit, meaning one that introduces the proper amount of fuel for the amount of nitrous being injected, the engine never sees overly rich conditions.

Why is this an important distinction in an Impreza? Because nobody makes a specific wet kit for the Impreza. That means you are running their generic dry kit if you don't have decent engine management that can recognize when you are using it and adds fuel accordingly.

It works nothing at all like a turbo. The only information that was correct in your post was the statement that you can't go nuts with it. That is entirely true.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza 2.5 RS Midnight Black Pearl
Im running a 30 dry shot of nitrous in my car, and there were no ill-effects. My next plan is a wet 50-60 shot. Now that I got my new clutch (Stock one from the TSB, but it holds alot more torque than my origional one).

I built my kit from scratch, and it worked fine for the one bottle I pushed through it. Personally, I would do it again.

As for with MAF cars how it works...if you put the nozzle before the MAF, it will cool down the wires inside, and will think the intake is LOTS and LOTS cooler than it really is (this can be good or bad, depending on how the ECU is set up to react to such cold temps) It could either run equally rich (like stock) or it could run overly rich or even blow the MAF. If you put it afterwards, you will be pushing more "air" through the engine than the MAF thinks you are and can possibly run lean.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:12 PM

Car Info: E36 m3
Re: NOS IS GOOD

Originally posted by spaz2203
Seriously guys, do you even know how nitrous works, also did you know that if done right nitrous IS NOT BAD FOR YOUR CAR. You just cant become Mr. Big ***** with nos and think you can squeeze a 100 shot of nitrous into a little 4 banger without some serious mods. Most definetly you can get away with a 50 shot of juice in your car with almost nooooo problems.

Nitrous works on almost the same priciple as a turbo does. What nitrous does is it adds colder denser air into the engine and when in passes through the MAF it tells the fuel injectors to put more fuel into the engine, thus creating a large explosion and more hp at the push of a button.

That was just a quick little explination for how nitrous really works.

Pat
pat... you just made my afternooon.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
www.rallitek.com has a kit for subies
Old 09-20-2003, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
ya that kit looks good. Don't think you can blow up your engine with that if you're responsible.

Quick Reply: 2.5RS Nos