Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

06 Rs Mod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 06 impreza 2.5i
wow, that cai sounds like ghetto way of doing it. id say wait it out a bit, or just go with that short ram intake that xceleration was hyping.

now im just looking into wheels and coilovers or spring/strut combo. you guys got any recommendations? ive been hearing kyb agx is popular, but whats a good spring to go with it? also hearing about hr springs/koni struts.

now wheels... rota torques 17? oz superleggera 17? gun metal or silver, to go with crystal grey car?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:12 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
nvmmmmmm

Last edited by 06suba; 02-16-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:21 PM

ahhh yea!!! so for purchasing the car I got $500 in subaru bucks...

just received my snowboard rack, all weather mats, pedal kit, upgraded the speakers and got tweeters.. time to install!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:48 PM

sweet. i got my mats free cuz the dealer delayed the car a lot just waiting for the spoiler to get there.

off the topic, what kind of board you have? im still pissed from last week, i took my new nitro t1 up and i got rammed once on rope tug, and another guy skied over my board. 3 friggin chips... if you dont know how to use a rope tug get the f*** off.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by vinzie27
sweet. i got my mats free cuz the dealer delayed the car a lot just waiting for the spoiler to get there.

off the topic, what kind of board you have? im still pissed from last week, i took my new nitro t1 up and i got rammed once on rope tug, and another guy skied over my board. 3 friggin chips... if you dont know how to use a rope tug get the f*** off.
damn that sux... sorry to hear.

i got a rome agent 155... luv the flex on it.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:27 AM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by 06suba
ahhh yea!!! so for purchasing the car I got $500 in subaru bucks...

just received my snowboard rack, all weather mats, pedal kit, upgraded the speakers and got tweeters.. time to install!
Yo Suba, is subaru genuine parts reliable, as in shipping and handling?
How long did it take them to deliver the parts?

I'm wanting to order a rear spoiler for my ride.
And ordering one from my subaru dealership is hella expensive.
Roughly $695 (CAN) converted to $576 (US).

Now that's a ridiculous price!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:31 PM

Is it possible of someone can take a pic of the header underneath the car, especially showing the oil pan?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:43 PM

update on those silverstar bulbs. I just got them yesterday and I just put them in right now. Still light outside so can't really say how good it is, but it looks good so far.

its real easy to put in. just follow manual instructions for the right side, the left side is the same thing put you have to take out the battery. The battery is pretty easy to take out. Just take out the negative first then positive. The positive is the one with the red cover. Then unscrew the washer on the front that is holding down the tie down bar. just take out that hooked pole, then slide the tie down bar over the top of the battery. Then just pull out the battery. When u put it back on, pos first then neg.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:33 PM

One light that everyone can consider in addition to the others is the IPF.

There are very expensive- mainly due because of imports from Japan, but I find them 2x better than PIAA and other bulbs I have tried.

I do not know how long there will last, but I have been running them for 5 months now with no problems. Just praying for a year(s) of bulb life

I would say the next step from these are HID. HID is about 1.5x of these.

The statement of let there be light is correct. So far, no wiring problems.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:57 PM

I just ordered myself a set of Tein H.Tech springs from a performance shop.
I originally asked for Tanabe GF210, unfortunately, there's a backorder which takes 46 weeks!!! that's literally 1 year ! I'm not waiting 1 year for springs lol. So I just went ahead and got the H.Tech springs.

Tonight, I'm gonna install the silverstars. I'm gonna follow you're procedure vinzie27 and pray that it works

Did you purchase the silverstars from powerbulbs as well? If so, did you receive a pair of free w5w philips bluevision lights?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:10 PM

hey what's up guys?

J-chow, I ordered the parts 2 fridays ago and they arrived the next friday! they ship very fast and are very reliable. they had to ship the roof rack which was pretty big but they got it here fast.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:43 AM

Car Info: 2006 2.0i
2006 Impreza 2.5i

heres my current car, installed the spoiler this morning myself, car needs to be lowered, hopefully next week if i have time... also just purchased carbon hood, should arrive in 4-5 days

http://southcoastperformance.com/vie...oduct=CF06HOOD

also, installing new sparks, ignitors and air filter, adds 22KW more power to the car
Attached Thumbnails 06 Rs Mod Thread-side.jpg   06 Rs Mod Thread-rear.jpg  
Old 02-21-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by J-Chow

Tonight, I'm gonna install the silverstars. I'm gonna follow you're procedure vinzie27 and pray that it works

Did you purchase the silverstars from powerbulbs as well? If so, did you receive a pair of free w5w philips bluevision lights?
haha im assuming you did it by now? not too bad right?

i got lazy and cold to poke around and figure out the fogs and the sidelights. ill get to them.... sometime...

those silverstars are strong and definitely made a big difference. if u cant afford HIDs definitely upgrade to these bulbs. only 30 bucks.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by n0cigar
heres my current car, installed the spoiler this morning myself, car needs to be lowered, hopefully next week if i have time... also just purchased carbon hood, should arrive in 4-5 days

http://southcoastperformance.com/vie...oduct=CF06HOOD

also, installing new sparks, ignitors and air filter, adds 22KW more power to the car

NICE!

just wonderin... how come you're getting the CF hood with the scoop if its a 2.5i? also just curious why one of your taillights has the extra red and the other doesnt?

I like the spoiler!! looks good! did you clear the headlamps? was it ez?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by vinzie27
haha im assuming you did it by now? not too bad right?

i got lazy and cold to poke around and figure out the fogs and the sidelights. ill get to them.... sometime...

those silverstars are strong and definitely made a big difference. if u cant afford HIDs definitely upgrade to these bulbs. only 30 bucks.
Yea man, I got my buddy to help me out with installing the lights. Didn't take too long, since this was the first time we experimented with removing the battery.
Didn't know the battery was THAT heavy . . . . actually had to use some force in taking it out. Other than that, it was a mere 20-30min procedure.
I don't know why subaru jam packed all the electronics so tightly together.
It makes it such a hassle to replace things such as lightbulbs.

I still haven't touched up on the foggies yet. I'm assuming you'd have to reach underneath the front lip and play around in there to remove the foggies.

As for the silverstars, I agree that these are strong lightbulbs which give at least 50% more light. The downer is that they aren't as white as I wished they would be. But nonetheless, these are great lightbulbs if anyone wishes to increase their vision at night

If you want a whitish / blue color, go for the osram cool blue, phillips bluevision, or even the power blue (powerbulbs makes their own brand of lightbulbs too).

If you want lightbulbs purely for increased vision at night, go for osram silverstars, phillips plus, or power plus.

I might purhase a set of power blues in the future, to play around with
Buy 1 get 2nd one free

Quick Reply: 06 Rs Mod Thread