Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

06 Rs Mod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:57 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
Originally Posted by vinzie27
wow finding equipment that fits our car is killing me.

right now I just have a 2.5i crystal grey with fogs and spoiler all stock.

since money is short, i'm not making that much as a coop at GE, I'm trying to do cheap upgrades that's going to give me more power first. Probably lower my car and get new rims/tires later. Get more power, keep the car clean. I was driving my roomates a4 1.8T that he tuned to 215hp. Its got pretty sick pull, I want my car to have that. So first thing to do is finding a cold air intake that fits, and a good exhaust.

I contacted cobb tuning, and the good news is that they are developing the AccessPort for it, the bad news, only god knows how long thats going to take. They also told me that they only have 3 parts that fits. The cat back exhaust, pulley, and rear sway bar. I'm considering the exhaust for 645. Does anybody know how good it is? or recommend something else? and if anybody finds a cold air intake that fits, let me know!

06suba can't wait to see your ride! get those pics up!

haha yea and good luck breaking in the engine andy. you have to hold back your urges and let carollas beat your car. i almost buckled.

edit. ok i talked to justin from cobb some more and he suggest to see if borla had headers, which they don't. and if random technolgies had high flow cat, they have it for 05 RS, im contacting them to see if it fits 2.5i. hopefully i can find the parts to for a full exhaust.

good update... hopefully this stuff comes out soon!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:00 PM

Car Info: 06 impreza 2.5i
wow suba, the car is looking good.

how much did the springs cost you? o yea how much did the wrx rims and pirelli's cost you too?

and which model of the greddy evo 2 is going to fit? the 2.5 RS one?

Last edited by vinzie27; 02-07-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:07 PM

wow suba, the car is looking good.

how much did the springs cost you? o yea how much did the wrx rims and pirelli's cost you too?
thanks man....

the springs are about $200.. I got them for $300 installed (if you are considering ordering these make sure you order the ones for 06 STI, not WRX. The WRX springs actually drop the car even lower.. probably too low).

the wrx rims I got brand new for $490 for all 4 on ebay! Subaru sells them for like $370 a piece! had to jump on that deal.

The pirellis were $120 or $130 each cant remember...
Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 PM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
VERY NICE 06Suba!

The drop in height is literally perfect!
I'm still doing my research on lowering springs though.
It's either Tein, Tanabe, Prodrive, or Eibach.

Waiting for my osrams silverstars either this week or next week to arrive.

I might look into a K & N air filter, and an Intake (if i can find one).

But dude, I LOVE obsidian black! especially when driving at night! Slick!
Props on your ride~!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 PM

Oh and btw,
I noticed that even our 2.5i is a base model impreza, it doesn't have same body painted side mirrors!

I'm seeing every other car, ie: Mazda 3, Honda civics, etc. . .
and even their vehicles come with painted side mirrors lol.

It's ironic how, ABS , 4wd, power windows, power doors, A/C , security system, is ALL included in the base 2.5i,
but not painted side mirrors.

kinda disappointing no? :P
Old 02-08-2006, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by J-Chow
Oh and btw,
I noticed that even our 2.5i is a base model impreza, it doesn't have same body painted side mirrors!

I'm seeing every other car, ie: Mazda 3, Honda civics, etc. . .
and even their vehicles come with painted side mirrors lol.

It's ironic how, ABS , 4wd, power windows, power doors, A/C , security system, is ALL included in the base 2.5i,
but not painted side mirrors.

kinda disappointing no? :P
yes and no. When im back home in ny, I get pretty **** cause ppl will hit your car parking or passing by. If you park long enough, sure enough some idiot is gonna tap your car and nick the paint. nothing is uglier than a side mirror with a scratch in it. with plastic its not as bad.

im going to head over to autozone and go pick up some silverstars. whats the difference in packaging between just the normal sylvania ones and the osram sylvania? do they even sell the osram's here or does it have to be ordered online from euro?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:56 AM

yes and no. When im back home in ny, I get pretty **** cause ppl will hit your car parking or passing by. If you park long enough, sure enough some idiot is gonna tap your car and nick the paint. nothing is uglier than a side mirror with a scratch in it. with plastic its not as bad.

im going to head over to autozone and go pick up some silverstars. whats the difference in packaging between just the normal sylvania ones and the osram sylvania? do they even sell the osram's here or does it have to be ordered online from euro?
i think you got to order them for europe (not positive though).. try powerbulb.com
Old 02-08-2006, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 06suba
i think you got to order them for europe (not positive though).. try powerbulb.com

thanks. you're partly right. its at www.powerbulbs.co.uk if anybody wanted to know.

im gonna order 4 bulbs for headlights and fogs.. haha its gonna be real real bright.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:44 PM

Talking

thanks. you're partly right. its at www.powerbulbs.co.uk if anybody wanted to know.

im gonna order 4 bulbs for headlights and fogs.. haha its gonna be real real bright.

Powerbulbs is quite reliable.
I ordered my lightbulbs last Thursday, and they ended up at the front of my door this morning

Along with that, they included a free pair of Philips Bluevision Ultra w5w lightbulbs.

I'm probably gonna install the osram silverstars next week and if they seem decent, i'll order me another pair of lightbulbs for my fogs :P

But, from what the driver manual states, it says I should bring it into a mechanic to get the lightbulbs installed, since we'd have to remove our battery and such.

Is that correct?
Have you guys tried prying your headlamps apart and experimenting with lightbulbs?
Old 02-08-2006, 05:52 PM

I ordered my lightbulbs last Thursday, and they ended up at the front of my door this morning

Along with that, they included a free pair of Philips Bluevision Ultra w5w lightbulbs.

I'm probably gonna install the osram silverstars next week and if they seem decent, i'll order me another pair of lightbulbs for my fogs :P

But, from what the driver manual states, it says I should bring it into a mechanic to get the lightbulbs installed, since we'd have to remove our battery and such.

Is that correct?
Have you guys tried prying your headlamps apart and experimenting with lightbulbs?

I don't know about the bulbs but I am thinking about clearing out the headlamps... I'm just worried about messing it up :s

Here are the instructions:

step #1 go buy some permatex sealent
step #2 make sure you have a time slot of about 3 hours if this is your first time.
step #3 remove both headlights from your car
step #4 pre heat your oven to 220*
step #5 remove all of the bulbs from you head lights
step #6 once you have all the bulbs removed, place 1 head light on a cookie sheet that you have cover`d with a bath towle
step #7 put the light in the oven for 16 minutes
step #8 use a small flat head screw driver and lots of force (being carefull) and remove the 2 peices of your headlight
step #9 remove all devil DOT orange plastic
step #10 place a nice bead of permatex all around the seal, the original sealent should still be a little gummy
step #11 place in the oven once more for 6 minutes
step #12 remover from the oven and reseal the light. push all of the seals back together, and wipe away all exsess goope
step #13 let the light cool down, while doing the same for the other light.

hints, tips and tricks...

when your taking the lights apart, wear some gloves, they will be hot!
buy the clear blinker bulbs befor hand. so you will get rid of all the onange at once
doing this with 2 people makes a huge differance.
when placing the light on the cookie sheet with the towle on it. make sure all wires are on the towle. and make sure it will not roll over. you want the heat to get on the whole head light assembly evenly. and if it does roll over. more than likly it will hit the side of the oven. and it will mess it up...

any other questions feel free to ask

if it is an 06 you will need to take out your grill to make the Job easier. you can do this with a long handle screw driver. there are small black clips in the back of each peaice that need to be uncliped and pushed out.

Good Luck

***Nasioc has pictures of this***
Old 02-08-2006, 07:23 PM

Is that correct?

yea I actually just read the manual right now. im going to try look for some instructions as I wait for my bulbs to arrive now. jay chow, update me if you get yours on.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:39 PM

yea I actually just read the manual right now. im going to try look for some instructions as I wait for my bulbs to arrive now. jay chow, update me if you get yours on.
im interested too cuz ill probably buy some in a couple weeks
Old 02-09-2006, 02:12 PM

here are some better angles... I used a ****ty disposable camera this time. When I finally get some time I'm going to use my GOOD camera.

Update: I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Genuine Subaru Parts.
I ordered:

Subaru Sedan snowboard rack
All weather mats
Upgraded speakers and tweeters
wrx pedal set
Old 02-09-2006, 11:18 PM

Loooking nice 06suba~!

I'm actually contemplating if I should purchase the Pink Impreza Badges, for the rear and front emblems.

Everytime I look at that blue emblem, it reminds me or it seems like it's an american car.
An image of "Ford" comes up in my mind, and i'm just thinking . . .
" Maybe I should change that blue subaru emblem, to a pink one"

OR.
I'm just going crazy here :P
Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 PM

yea the blue throws me off, especially on my black car which is basically black, white & red.

Quick Reply: 06 Rs Mod Thread