Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

05 impreza rs intake???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 AM

Car Info: 2005 2.5 RS
I just got this Injen CAI and it supose to come tomorrow!! I am very excited! Im planning on throwing it in there as soon as it arrives. Ill definitely let you know how it feels, although I don't plan on doing anything but driving tomorrow! If i get a second ill also convert it to short ram and let you know what differences i notice.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:56 AM

Car Info: 2005 impreza rs
thanks that would be great.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:41 PM

Car Info: '06 Impreza 2.5i
I've got the Injen, I like, 'specially the roar it makes at fot, haven't played with it yet to see if I can notice a deffernce in CAI over short, but once i do get the time i was going to change mine to the CAI
Old 07-20-2006, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 2005 2.5 RS
Just put the Injen in my car, and so far its been great. Sound is really good above 3000 rpms, a little loud in second gear. I didnt notice any difference in power at lower RPM's but i certainly felt much more of a kick at higher RPMs. I have it in as CAI right now. If i have some free time ill try it short ram and see if i notice any differences.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 2005 impreza rs
Cool, I appreciate the update. Now the only thing holding me back is the fact that I'm moving back to Denver soon. If I decide to keep the stock airbox, I don't want to try to make it fit in my car with the rest of my belongings. So I'll either buy it here and trash the stock box or wait until I get back home.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:24 AM

Car Info: 04 WRX
Originally Posted by phoenyx
Very true, I'm inclined to do a dyno with the intake alone to see the results...but its like 60 bukz for 3 passes over here...

The unofficial butt dyno says:
Does not bog at full throttle anymore...
Sick Sick sound at high RPM's with this thing...
Does feel "looser" upon deacceleration-reacceleration...
More punch at higher RPM's

off course...this is no turbo so do not expect a lot of gain in HP...that 17HP increase that injen claims makes me skeptical still... I just bought it to get the air faster to the throttle without a middle man...hehe...

Oh, if installing, do yourself a favor and TAKE OFF THE RIGHT WHEEL AND WHEEL HUB....easier to install the CAI section itself...

CAI does convert to short ram by not adding the section that goes into fender.

One thing that still bugs me...when the motor shivers so does the CAI and hits the rubber part but still the sound sometimes pisses me off, have to find a way around that...

Here is a pic: installed and in comparsson with the oem one

Comparison:

Installed:

The filter sits exactly behind the foglamps....
No water ingestion issues yet...hopefully never..

btw..sorry for the hi-jack

my .02
+1 I thought the same thing about the gains.
On a bone stock car will it really make a difference in power?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:36 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Thumbs up Short, sweet and cheap!

Pull the snorkle out of the inner fender (passenger side front). Put a 3" pipe from the back of the box into the inner fender. Drop in a good filter (K&N, Green, STI or HKS) and your done.

Cold air, stock box and low restriction filter (all for about $40 and an hour of labor). Don't forget to reset the ECM ~ unplug the negative cable on the battery, step on the brake a few times. Restart and let idle till warm and go drive the s*** out of it. Your done and richer to boot...

Car will run WAY better then the stock set-up and every bit as well as buying a CAI for $250-$300!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:48 AM

Car Info: 2005 impreza 2.5rs (sliver,5 speed manual, sports
Originally Posted by phoenyx
Very true, I'm inclined to do a dyno with the intake alone to see the results...but its like 60 bukz for 3 passes over here...

The unofficial butt dyno says:
Does not bog at full throttle anymore...
Sick Sick sound at high RPM's with this thing...
Does feel "looser" upon deacceleration-reacceleration...
More punch at higher RPM's

off course...this is no turbo so do not expect a lot of gain in HP...that 17HP increase that injen claims makes me skeptical still... I just bought it to get the air faster to the throttle without a middle man...hehe...

Oh, if installing, do yourself a favor and TAKE OFF THE RIGHT WHEEL AND WHEEL HUB....easier to install the CAI section itself...

CAI does convert to short ram by not adding the section that goes into fender.

One thing that still bugs me...when the motor shivers so does the CAI and hits the rubber part but still the sound sometimes pisses me off, have to find a way around that...

Here is a pic: installed and in comparsson with the oem one

Comparison:

Installed:

The filter sits exactly behind the foglamps....
No water ingestion issues yet...hopefully never..

btw..sorry for the hi-jack

my .02

hey had the same problem with the rubbing and making that nasty sound, but i bought some felt tape stuff and put it under the CAI and the noise stopped. its been sticking the whole time since april, somthing to consider if you haven't fixed it yet