Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

What is the quietest exhaust available for an '06 WRX???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:38 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru WRX Limited
What is the quietest exhaust available for an '06 WRX???

I want exhaust for my '06 WRX, but I want the quietest exhaust possible. Of course i have read about the borla hush, and tanabe medallion series... What is the quietest setup I can run. I eventually wanna get every pipe upgraded which is going to make it louder which is the reason i want the quietest exhaust setup possible to attract no attention or minimal attention. Any help is greatly appreciated. I know that when I do the downpipe I should run a cat to keep it quiet. Help me out guys with some input.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:43 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Greddy Evo 2 and then flat black it!

You guys have uncatted up pipes already =)
Old 02-21-2008, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
I have a greddy evo 2 its super quiet. if youre close to me. we can meet so you can hear what it sounds like in person, to see if this sound is for you.
when I had henry's (XkrazyasianX) car next to mine we compared exhaust notes. he had a borla hush and I had the greddy evo 2. they are both quiet but I think the greddy evo is quieter. I say it depends if you want single tip or dual

here is my exhaust set up
05 wrx
gt spec headers
gt spec uppipe
helix v3 catted downpipe
greddy evo 2 catback.

chris
Old 02-22-2008, 01:41 PM

Car Info: WRB 18g + Meth (sold) 07 BMW 335i coupe
Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
I have a greddy evo 2 its super quiet. if youre close to me. we can meet so you can hear what it sounds like in person, to see if this sound is for you.
when I had henry's (XkrazyasianX) car next to mine we compared exhaust notes. he had a borla hush and I had the greddy evo 2. they are both quiet but I think the greddy evo is quieter. I say it depends if you want single tip or dual

05 wrx
gt spec headers
gt spec uppipe
helix v3 catted downpipe
greddy evo 2 catback.

chris
I agree I have a friend that has a borla hush and I have a greddy evo 2 my car sounds quieter
Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM

Car Info: murdered out 06 WRX, but now is gone
HKS HI-POWER

SIKE. jk
Old 02-22-2008, 02:47 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
i like the borla hush for an exhaust on the quieter side, but damn it sounds good at WOT
Old 02-23-2008, 12:34 AM

Car Info: nothing right now
fujitsubo's are super quiet with ZERO drone in wagons. i had a hush and with a catless setup, it was freaking loud. everyone that sat in my car complained that their heads hurt after the ride. running an sti catback right now but as soon as i see a fujitsubo for cheaper, i'll get it.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by midnitewrx
HKS HI-POWER

SIKE. jk
I have the jdm Hks Hi Power Silent version with full exhaust including headers. It's as quiet as stock, I can't even hear it with the windows rolled up. plus, it's full stainless steel as well.

Had a friend do a drive by with my car in a parking lot, and at WOT about 15 feet away, I could hear it for 1-2 seconds and then couldn't hear it afterwards.

I've had the usdm Hks Hi Power, and the Greddy Evo on my car. Imo, the greddy evo was louder (at that time I had only a catback) than the jdm hks hipower silent version that I have right now.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 02-23-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
my buddy has the greddy evo 2 with aftermarket up n dp and still sounds quiet
Old 02-24-2008, 01:06 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
I have the MadDad Whisper and I love the tone! Even with the catted downpipe it's still very reasonable... and the weird thing - it's actually designed to get quieter as time goes on! There's a thread on NASIOC about it if you search.

I've driven right by cops with my setup (granted at like 2-4K RPM), but they don't even bat an eyelash...

Also, I would look forward to the Crucial CatBlack that's supposed to come out. GReddy EVO2 and Borla Hush are also 2 other relatively stealthy exhausts...
Old 02-24-2008, 02:12 AM

Car Info: wrx wagon/2.5rs
I agree with juicy..fujitsubo exhaust is very quiet, even under wot..alot quieter I think then the evo2 as well..friend of mine has an evo2 w/dp..I have a avo catted dp and a fujitsubo power getter..mines MUCH quieter..I took one of the resonators out as well (had two), and I would still say mines much quieter, and no droning on the wagon..not sure what fujitsubo exhaust run now, but they are on the higher cost side..
Old 02-25-2008, 12:04 PM

Car Info: nothing right now
Originally Posted by lzykid4life
I agree with juicy..fujitsubo exhaust is very quiet, even under wot..alot quieter I think then the evo2 as well..friend of mine has an evo2 w/dp..I have a avo catted dp and a fujitsubo power getter..mines MUCH quieter..I took one of the resonators out as well (had two), and I would still say mines much quieter, and no droning on the wagon..not sure what fujitsubo exhaust run now, but they are on the higher cost side..
still $900ish.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:26 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon/2.5rs
aha sweet..?! Well I got a VERY good deal on mine..but still before I owned one..was the only exhaust I was gonna purchase..very good quality product they make..
Old 02-25-2008, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
I have a similar setup..

04 STI

FP18g
GT Spec V2 Header/Up-pipe
Cobb 3" Catted dp (modified) it does not taper to 2.5"
Greddy Evo2 Catback

This is by far the quietest/free-flowing exhaust that I have used. I've noticed that a non-catted dp/Evo2 setup is more quiet than most, but a catted dp really tames the exhaust noise level...

not bad...I recently had my car tuned by Jarrad of PDXTuning...
314hp 362ftlbs torque...that's with the catted dp...

Originally Posted by DemonPossessed

05 wrx
gt spec headers
gt spec uppipe
helix v3 catted downpipe
greddy evo 2 catback.

chris
Old 02-25-2008, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
stock

Quick Reply: What is the quietest exhaust available for an '06 WRX???