Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

RS*R ExMag GTII series Cat-Back

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Suburu Impreza WRX
Question for those of you with RS*R exhaust. I'm getting one here shortly as I just sold my HKS Hi-Power cat-back. I know my HKS cat-back had alot of movement and I was going to order some Kartboy Exhaust Hangers. Anyway here is the question.

Did the RS*R exhaust fit well with the standard length exhaust hangers or would you suggest long exhaust hangers? These are the standard length ones I was considering.

Thanx, Guru

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merch...egory_Code=220

Old 07-17-2005, 11:14 PM

Car Info: 05 GT30R STi
what about the rs-r exmag shown here...has anyone tried this setup?:

sounds like this exhaust is supposed to be the quiter version. here is the product details:

"Sleek in design, this exhaust systems jet-black coating hides the SUS409 stainless steel muffler and piping behind the well known. Each ExMag system is custom tailored for each application. The ExMag muffler can be either a straight through, loop or chambered design.

Signature RS-R TipThe ExMag's quiet, refined tone coupled with the performance gains found in an aftermarket system creates an exhaust system perfectly designed for the street. By bolting up an ExMag system to your vehicle, you immediately notice the gains in HP, torque and throttle response. It does not take a loud exhaust system to produce the power that you are looking for, and the ExMag is evidence to that."
Old 08-02-2005, 02:46 PM

forget ^ , we want clips!!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Talking My friend just put it on

Originally Posted by Mach5WRX
It's LOOOOOUUUUDDDDDDDDDDD trust me.
his STI...he had a catless Cobb DP and the RS*R cat-back...The car sounded awesome but at the same time, I'm sure his neighbors did not appreciate it. The quality of the system was excellent!

It was as loud as the Blitz Nur Spec...but a little less rumbly...the exhaust sounded much smoother than the Blitz (not to say the Blitz sounds bad)...

with the silencer in, it was totally tolerable...from a neighbors point of view...from a comparison, I would say the silencer took away the Deep...Low...growl, and heightened the pitch...making the exhaust much quieter and due to the higher pitch, did not carry the sound as far...It was quieter than my B&B catback...little louder than the Borla Hush...

I'm putting the APS 3.5" system on tonight...hope that is neighbor friendly...heh heh...it has an adjustable silencer so I may have to put that in to keep everyone happy...
Old 08-03-2005, 10:03 PM

Car Info: Real Slow
[QUOTE=I'm putting the APS 3.5" system on tonight...hope that is neighbor friendly...heh heh...it has an adjustable silencer so I may have to put that in to keep everyone happy...[/QUOTE]

try going in a parking garage w/o the silencer. hehe!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:20 AM

Just did...whoooooly...

[QUOTE=v rod]
Originally Posted by I'm putting the APS 3.5" system on tonight...hope that is neighbor friendly...heh heh...it has an adjustable silencer so I may have to put that in to keep everyone happy...[/QUOTE

try going in a parking garage w/o the silencer. hehe!

Yup, just reflashed my Cobb AP...the car is learning to growl with this new exhaust...

The parking garage...let's just say, I idled my way through...hoping not to set off every alarm in the place...only warning chirps luckily...heh heh

You know though, that RS*R exhaust is darn loud too...it would be comparable to my APS system...in fact, I think the RS*R exhaust pulses were even louder than mine (due to my header...smoothed it out a bit)

Last edited by Island Style; 08-04-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Any clips.....
Old 08-24-2005, 09:51 AM

No clips yet..

although I have no excuse...I picked up one of those Sony Minidisk Cams...I'll see if I can mount it somehow in my car and get some clips