Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Road Dyno: STI with catback; before/after ECU reset

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 12:35 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Road Dyno: STI with catback; before/after ECU reset

Hey guys,

This was done on my friend's STI (dahveed here on i-club). We did all runs on the same night, same straight, flat road, and with the same people in the car. The car had a full tank of our lovely california 91 octane and I adjusted the vehicle weight in the road dyno for the three 6'1"+ guys in the car at the time.

Here's the road dyno:

We did several runs before resetting the ECU and they were very consistant. The yellow graph is the an average run I picked out of the set. Then we reset the ECU, did a couple data logging runs to let the ECU settle in, and did a couple more pulls on the road dyno. The red and blue graphs were back to back runs and as you can see they're VERY consistant.

Along with the dyno graphs, I did a couple data logging runs before and after the reset as well. Before the reset, knock correction values were in the 1-4 range and after the reset, they ranged from 7-12 and there was no sign of knock. So to conclude, the ECU had deffinately encountered knock in the past, probably on a nice hot day, and had pulled a good deal of timing and hence lowered power signficantly. We could deffinately feel the power difference after the reset.

Now Dahveed is trying to not get on it too hard during the hot days to prevent knock and keep his power up for the nice cool nights.

Thanks
-- Ed