Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Pulleys / Grounding kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
Pulleys / Grounding kits?

Ok so I have heard mixed reviews, but would a grounding kit like this

http://gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng/hks_circ.htm

actually give anyone anything noticeable? I have heard that they are kinda BS...anyone have any experience with them? Not that I would want to waste my $ on one, but just curious :P.

One thing I AM concidering however, is a lightened pulley. While on the gruppe-s site, I noticed they had this kit

http://gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng/GFB_pulleykit.htm

which has the crank, alternator, and power steering lightened pulleys. Would it be worth it to get the kit? Or would I be best off just getting a lightened crank pulley and using that 100 or so on something else?

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:22 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
I had the SUN Auto Hot Inazma on my older car. There was a difference. I'm not sure if the car was faster, but alot of things seemed different, maybe a smoother.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:24 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
I am curious why they would supply a belt for pulley's that are not under driven???

I have the Perrin Crank (to keep OEM belts) and it was a big improvement in quicker engine revs ~ just blipping the throttle was WAY different. That and the Borla headers were the improvements I felt the most on the 'butt dyno'.

The ground kit didn't make much of a diffrence ~ I think the older cars realize some changes. It would be hard to quantify the improvements. I do have a Paranoid Fabrications ground kit on my car. Even though I saw little change, I kept it on (what harm could it do?). His kits are A+ in materials and look sick... So, I guess it's just 'engine dressing'?