Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

new motor error

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 02:08 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by trubluevoeater
sigma whats the application for? sure with a rectifier and a pulse system you can customize a sine wave to certain extents. ac or dc? dc im assuming, where did this question come from? i belive someone makes a interuption box with certain combinations of resistors and diodes to control the wave.
OK that is way over my head

i have a back up power supply from work that was going to be thrown out. I want to use it to power my photography strobes.

The back up power supply out puts a modified sine wave. The strobes need a pure sine wave.

I have seen plenty of 12v or 24v to 110-115v inverters that go to pure sine. I have been looking at samlex for that
Old 08-11-2010, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 2005 suby sti
i dont know the details but from the looks and the details i have. the back up makes the wave longer "say" which eases in and out of the next wave. but it causes a lil higher amp draw and if its a good strobe it would have a solid state relay swithching it off and on.using that backup could cause your stobe light to go out and or the capacitor. good luck
Old 08-11-2010, 06:52 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by trubluevoeater
im in san jose but im up in sac. on sundays to visit my daughter. ill have the rest of everyhing apart tonight and see which size bearings i need. but shipping from there would be pretty cheap! hopefully my crank isnt to bad i shut it right down. but the damage is already done at that point. hopefully just a resurface. but we'll see maybe i could meet you to pick some up. unless your open sundays. i doubt, how come no shops open on weekends? SOA sealant ?? sounds expensive. i like the black magic.
We're open on Saturdays but not Sundays. We have cosworth bearings in stock and some ACL's and Mahle's on their way in various sizes.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 08-12-2010, 08:00 AM

Car Info: 2005 suby sti
with the long day i had at work yesterday i didnt get to split the block last night but i did get the heads off around midnight. the veins to cam journals i found lil particulates built up right around the hole and the cams look a lil abraised. im assuming the bottom end is much worse. do you think if i clean the cam veins out they'ed be ok to run like that? or should i clean the cams up a lil with like a 1000 grit. or even a extra fine steel wool. the build up i dont think would be normal. but the cams they're not normaly going to stay mirror like! at the journals are they?

Last edited by trubluevoeater; 08-12-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: addition
Old 08-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Take it to a close shop like gst or speed element and have them look at it