Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Is a larger intercooler beneficial for an FP Green? (was: i need your opinion)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 2005 apen white sti
Question i need your opinion

i have an 05 sti, just had it a year and have been modding it the whole time. the list of mods are. turbo xs tbe, gpmoto equal leght headers, fp green turbo, turbo xs utec, hallman mbc, perrin modified injectors, walboro 255lph pump, process west oil cooler, unorthodox pulleys, xs eng. ingnition booster. i think thats all the engine mods so far. i want to stay with a top mount set up and still have the stock sti top mount. will getting a bigger top mount make that much of a diffrence or minimal. i like to save up the money and work on the supension if the change is not worth it. suggetions on the intercooler on anything. thanx.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:01 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Originally Posted by suba-rulez
i have an 05 sti, just had it a year and have been modding it the whole time. the list of mods are. turbo xs tbe, gpmoto equal leght headers, fp green turbo, turbo xs utec, hallman mbc, perrin modified injectors, walboro 255lph pump, process west oil cooler, unorthodox pulleys, xs eng. ingnition booster. i think thats all the engine mods so far. i want to stay with a top mount set up and still have the stock sti top mount. will getting a bigger top mount make that much of a diffrence or minimal. i like to save up the money and work on the supension if the change is not worth it. i have upgraded the brake pads to the hawk hps and put on the stainless steel lines and the cusco brake cylinder stop. so far for the supension i have cusco front and rear sway bars, sti upper strut ti bar, cusco h-brace, cusco rear strut bar w/ the v brace. what do you guy think so far. any suggestion on the coil over im looking at the tien ss or flex. suggetions on the intercooler on anything. thanx.
I also have an '05 STI with somewhat similar engine mods: 20G, 860 Helix, Gruppe-S unequal length jet coated headers, Big MAF, Walbro 255, and Perrin crank pulley. I added the Spearco TMIC, and you should probably expect 15-20 whp-tq. Spearco is a top of the line TMIC and the largest bolt on TMIC. However, it's about $850 parts.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally Posted by suba-rulez
hey billg thanx 4 the reply. i guess those number are worth the intercooler.
Suspension question by suba-rulez has been split off and re-posted in the Impreza Suspension forum.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush