Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

HELP: 2005 STI Options Being Deleted Upon Ordering. *Please Read*

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 02:55 PM

HELP: 2005 STI Options Being Deleted Upon Ordering. *Please Read*

I'm new to the forums and would like to first say hello. I placed an order for a 2005 STI with certain options. The other night, my sales person tells me that thier regional manager checked the port and said that a STI with the options that I want is there.
My question is, I noticed on the sheet for the allocation that the STI that is being delivered under my name has a few extra options that I didn't choose to have. And so, they put those options under the "Delete Options" part of the sheet. So basically they are going to remove the boost gauge and the upgraded alarm from the car. Now, isn't the boost gauge installed on the steering column and tapped into the fpr. Also, the fog lights aren't installed and they will be adding this at the dealership.
All help and suggestions are appreciated. I'm just curious to know, if this car is going to be hacked up to remove and install such options being not through the factory.

Thank you.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:06 PM

I would recommend you do the fog lights yourself as many dealerships will try to charge you labor if you are requesting them as an option that was not originally on the car so they have to do the install. Also, you might want to think about keeping the alarm. An STi is a nice car imo. You don't want people messing with it.

The stock boost gauge is on the steering column. I am going to take mine out at some point and get a better aftermarket boost gauge (along with some other gauges). I will probably do a custom job covering up the hole left by the stock boost gauge, but I haven't researched it yet.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:02 PM

The fogs we're bought as an option, so there will be no additional charges. As for the alarm, the 05s come with an immobilizer and I only took out the alarm upgrade. I believe its only consisted of a shock sensor of some sort. I heard they are a headache. But I'm worried about them removing the boost gauge. I'm wondering what will happen to the hardware as far as the boost hose line goes and the steering column. I guess I just may have to wait and see. Thank you.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:43 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
I would remove the boost gauge yourself, the factory one is cheesy. Get a nice electronic Blitz 50mm one. As for fogs, they are super easy, but if they won't charge you, might as well have them do it. Alarm I have, and it is decent, better than regualr, but not as good as some I have seen
Old 12-08-2004, 09:02 PM

Thanks for all the information guys.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally Posted by BlackedOutSTi
I believe the factory boost gauge is an electronic unit, therefore, there's probably just a couple of wires running to it covered with the loom.
nope its mechanical
Old 12-09-2004, 06:32 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by hyerollr
I'm new to the forums and would like to first say hello. I placed an order for a 2005 STI with certain options. The other night, my sales person tells me that thier regional manager checked the port and said that a STI with the options that I want is there.
My question is, I noticed on the sheet for the allocation that the STI that is being delivered under my name has a few extra options that I didn't choose to have. And so, they put those options under the "Delete Options" part of the sheet. So basically they are going to remove the boost gauge and the upgraded alarm from the car. Now, isn't the boost gauge installed on the steering column and tapped into the fpr. Also, the fog lights aren't installed and they will be adding this at the dealership.
All help and suggestions are appreciated. I'm just curious to know, if this car is going to be hacked up to remove and install such options being not through the factory.

Thank you.
The boost gauge and alarm are what are called "port options." This means they install them at the US port prior to being delivered to the dealership. It is possible your car had the options slated, but they weren't installed yet.

If they were installed, you will end up with two holes in the steering column from the boost gauge. They will also have to remove the tee at the stock bypass valve (this is where you will tap an aftermarket gauge anyway). The alarm should just be plug and play so if they remove that, you will never know the difference.

My 04 came with the boost gauge and I ripped it out two days later. The thing is impossible to read and the light doesn't match the rest of the dash. Besides that, it blocks too much of the dashboard. I got stuck with the two holes, but I don't even see them anymore.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:05 AM

Egan, thank you for all the help. I was wondering that myself with the options being installed or deinstalled at the port. It wouldn't make sense for them to take out options that would leave behind a mark or a damage of some sort.