Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Easy Street (ESX) Motorsports or Vishnu

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
When and where does Shiv travel? I would def. drive up to get a tune done.
Shiv has dyno days all over, all the time....but you have to go to the EVO guys forum to hear about it...which kinda blows
Old 06-13-2005, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by MARKSTI
Shiv has dyno days all over, all the time....but you have to go to the EVO guys forum to hear about it...which kinda blows

I'd rather use my anytime minutes and call Vishnu to find out. Still waiting on the harnesses for the XEDE to get in.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
I would suggest that you have Ed tune your car:

www.eqtuning.com

he's located in the Bay Area
Old 06-14-2005, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Group B

www.eqtuning.com

and he will travel
Old 06-22-2005, 10:17 PM

Car Info: 05' OBP/Gold STi
Originally Posted by Group B

www.eqtuning.com

No kidding! I got my STi tuned today by Ed and OMG OMG OMG...I have nothing else really that can describe how my car has been transformed.

NIGTH AND DAY. Ed spent soo much time fine tuning it was amazing. He was truly comitted to getting the car running absolutely flawless.

Check out the dyno at eqtuning.com for my recent results!

Regards,
Mark
Old 06-23-2005, 11:14 AM

I recommend gruppe-s for the bay area! Mike is one the nicest guys in the business and is less expensive than Vishnu. If you need a product they will likely have it in stock. They live and breathe subarus and are excellent at troubleshooting problems with the car. For these reasons I wouldn't visit anybody else in the bay area for my subaru.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:05 AM

I'm just curious to know, I got a lot of recommendations for car shops to go to. I even talked to someone from ESX and Vishnu. ESX says that everything up to their stage 3 STi is CARB and California street legal, Vishnu says that anything they put off is already for off road use only. I just wanted to know who bought a used STi on this board and passed SMOG with aftermarket parts put on it. I just want to know how much of a "hook-up" I'll need to make my STi pass smog. Thanks a lot!

List of mods that I want to do, someone please tell me which I will have a problem with in 5 years when I will need to smog:

Walbro high-flow fuel pump
Higher flow STi injectors
HKS Header
JIC-Magic Catback Exhaust
HKS SSQ BOV or Blitz DD BOV
Higher flow turbo, probably from Vishnu or ESX
ARC or ESX TMIC

I know there's probably more, I'm looking for a sleeper look, even in the engine bay. If anyone could give me any help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:34 AM

Car Info: 05' OBP/Gold STi
Originally Posted by ecs_wrx
I'm just curious to know, I got a lot of recommendations for car shops to go to. I even talked to someone from ESX and Vishnu. ESX says that everything up to their stage 3 STi is CARB and California street legal, Vishnu says that anything they put off is already for off road use only. I just wanted to know who bought a used STi on this board and passed SMOG with aftermarket parts put on it. I just want to know how much of a "hook-up" I'll need to make my STi pass smog. Thanks a lot!

List of mods that I want to do, someone please tell me which I will have a problem with in 5 years when I will need to smog:

Walbro high-flow fuel pump
Higher flow STi injectors
HKS Header
JIC-Magic Catback Exhaust
HKS SSQ BOV or Blitz DD BOV
Higher flow turbo, probably from Vishnu or ESX
ARC or ESX TMIC

I know there's probably more, I'm looking for a sleeper look, even in the engine bay. If anyone could give me any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry dude, they may "pass" inspection on a quantative level for emissions, but no way in gods name will you pass the visual. You either need Benji to help or a really st00pid smog technician.