Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

check engine light cruse,fuel cut on STi

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 10:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
I'm hard intot he throttle all the time and have been out at a track day and have not experienced this problem I have heard of this happening when people are low on gas and when they turn sharp fuel goes to opposite side of pump or something like that...
Old 01-18-2004, 10:30 PM
VIP Member

cuscosti, what kind of mods do u have on your sti? if u have an aftermarket turboback exhaust, you will get boost creep, fuel cut, and a cel. the only way i know of is porting your wastegate on your vf39 turbo. or you can get a chip, which will probably eliminate boost creep(im not fully sure, i met a guy who did this, and there was no boost creep with his catless tbe)

-dashiet
Old 01-18-2004, 11:22 PM

Car Info: Black STI W/ Gold Wheel
Re: check engine light cruse,fuel cut on STi

same thing happen to my sti too. hope some one know a way to fix this, cus my dealer have no idea why this happen. btw. my sti is stock no mods at all.

Originally posted by cuscosti
any one run to this problem on there sti? check engine light comes on the crues control flashes and your car wont go over 2 or 3 grand? mine has that problem and my friends sti just got that problem when he was on the race track.he said when he was flooring it it happened.it happens to me when i floor it too sometimes. i just want to know if anyone else is running into this problem cause i'm thinking that it's going to be a recal since the us 04 sti is the only one with the electronic throttle plat. i'm getting really frustrated with this set up so i want to get a jdm ecu and change my setup to a cable throttle.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:58 PM

Car Info: 08 TL Type-S
the only cure to this is to go with a electronic boost controller. There is no other way so far. Got my turbo port and polish and still hitting boost spikes even with a manual boost controller from vishnu and turbo xs. Boost spike only happens when you open up you exhaust side from the turbo back alot more air flow.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:10 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
Me and WRXBOY tested the boost controllers together. We came up w/ a solution when a member named DaveWrx never really had any boost creep w/ his Blitz SBC-ID. So when WRXBOY gets his boost controller in im pretty sure that would solve some problems.