Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Anyone Adjust an APS BOV?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Anyone Adjust an APS BOV?

Has anyone adjusted an APS Dual Vent BOV? I have one and since getting the Cobb accessport, have noticed a fluttering noise in the intake area...when I get on it.

2004 STI

I am running:

PDE Downpipe
B&B Cat Back
AVO Short Ram Intake
Cobb Accessport Stg 2
APS Dual Vent Bov

Currently I am running the Stg2 91 V104

I really like the Stg2 91 High Waste Gate...but noticed the fluttering on this setting...it goes like a bat out of hell using this flash...I am not sure if it is my wastegate fluttering or if the BOV is releasing pressure prematurely...

The sound I am talking is... let's say I accelerate in 5th from 60 to 80...I can hear the turbo spool up hard then this low toned fluttering (like air cavitating...tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk...in rapid succession)...the car seems to stumble a bit during this time...

I've studied the board and realize that what I am experiencing could be the wastegate flutter of our vf39 turbo...port/polish the wastegate...can't....daily driver and we don't have anyone here in Honolulu, Hawaii that I know of that does this...

When I use the HWG flash....the blow off valve definitely sounds off louder and more frequently...often when I get on the gas then let it go, it blows off very fast...almost too fast...this is why I am thinking that it is releasing pressure. How do I adjust the Bov so that it holds more pressure prior to releasing? I know the APS can handle much more than I am dishing out...

Thanks in advance,

Brent

Last edited by Island Style; 02-17-2005 at 11:24 PM.