Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

430hp/455lb-ft perf kit for sti?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 12:42 PM

Car Info: Blue STi +Red del Sol VTEC
True there's so many different #'s when it comes to any dyno let alone awd. I saw 198 at the wheels before for the STi. The 1/4 mile and trap speed is all that matters anyway.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:18 PM

I have seen a bone stock '03 cobra go 12.67@113 on stock tires, I have also driven the same car to a 12.8@112.. It was 100% bone stock.. I know 'cos its my best friends car... Same car now goes 11.7 with an intake, chip, pulley and exhaust... dynoed at 440rwhp/464rwtq with these mods.. Less than $1200 in mods... I like the fit and finish of the sti better though...
Cobra times are irrelevant as to what this kit can do... Sorry for hijacking the thread...

Originally posted by gohan
Well to start with ave. stock times for tested STI's is around 13.2.

Hot Rod got a 13.2 out of the STI and a 13.3 out of the Cobra...same track, same drivers.

A bone stock Cobra hitting low 12's would therefore be analogous to a bone stock STI hitting mid 12's. As for "seen with my own eyes"....did your eyes also inspect the car to make sure it was stock? ? ?

Sorry, I don't buy it.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:32 AM

the '03 cobra is faster straight line with evenly matched drivers... the 12.8 run was with me driving with no experience in the car whatsoever.... First time driving a rwd car with that much power... The owner of the car drove it to a 12.6, bone stock...far cry from the 13.3 magazines are stating... Sorry to tell u this but the sti would get raped straight line... On the road course the sti would make the cobra look like a complete ***....
Old 04-11-2004, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by johnnyvee
HEY ITS NOT A DRAG CAR, thats whats wrong with america. Its not a ghetto FORD, and people shouldn' t make it one. Try a corner in that trash car, and then post something. I dont beat my wife, therefore I must not understand... Mullets and drag strips are for the domestic market
Your statements are as ignorant as the people you are bashing.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:12 PM

uhhh...duh, what did i say about the sti handing it its *** on the road course? Did i not clearly state the cobra was a straight line car?

Originally posted by johnnyvee
HEY ITS NOT A DRAG CAR, thats whats wrong with america. Its not a ghetto FORD, and people shouldn' t make it one. Try a corner in that trash car, and then post something. I dont beat my wife, therefore I must not understand... Mullets and drag strips are for the domestic market
Old 04-13-2004, 05:26 AM

I was there for the run... The owner of the car is my best friend and my neighbor... I am the mechanic for this particular cobra... I installed the bolt on's after the 12.6 run, I think i'd know what was on the car... Deal with the truth, the sti does not come close to the cobra in any acceleration test.... Its a car that traps 113mph bone stock... I doubt any sti is doing that...

With a good driver, a cobra should see at least 12.7 or better... I havent seen any sti break out of the 13's stock... The sti is not straight line beast... People are already in the ten's with bolt on's on the cobra on ET street's...

Last edited by chidoks; 04-13-2004 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:06 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by chidoks
I was there for the run... The owner of the car is my best friend and my neighbor... I am the mechanic for this particular cobra... I installed the bolt on's after the 12.6 run, I think i'd know what was on the car... Deal with the truth, the sti does not come close to the cobra in any acceleration test.... Its a car that traps 113mph bone stock... I doubt any sti is doing that...

With a good driver, a cobra should see at least 12.7 or better... I havent seen any sti break out of the 13's stock... The sti is not straight line beast... People are already in the ten's with bolt on's on the cobra on ET street's...
So you're saying the guys at Hot Rod magazine can't drive? They couldn't get 12s out of their test Cobra in the STi article not long ago.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:04 AM

they are not real world experiences...u guys are magazine racers... the car takes getting used to... Obviously magazines dont get to keep the cars long enough to get used to them... AWD is easier to launch so of course, over a short period of time... they'd get better times because they'd know how to launch the car easily...if they kept the cobra longer and actually knew how to launch the cobra...they'd see better times... If u guys still think a bone stock sti is faster than a cobra, anyone in the NJ/PA/MD/VA/NY with an STI can pm me and i'll set up a race with a bone stock cobra... Hotrod also claimed that a 98 integra type r ran 15.2...gee, they are the best drivers...

Quick Reply: 430hp/455lb-ft perf kit for sti?