Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

04 STI CEL & Engine hiccup problem ****PLEASE HELP****

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 05:03 AM

Car Info: WRB EJ257 Suby
Unhappy 04 STI CEL & Engine hiccup problem ****PLEASE HELP****

I am having a problem with my suby... the car was originally stock... so i added a few parts. Then, after I put the downpipe in, I used the little CEL fix (the little o2 sensor fitting extension looking thing) and disconnected and reconnected the battery.. i notice the normal power increase. Now, when I get on the freeway... and i'm doggin the car out... giving it full throttle in 4th gear at high rpms and hard boosting... the car out of nowhere hiccups or feels like an instant cut off of fuel, but I'm at a straightaway and a full tank of gas!! I don't know why its doing this...is it a cylinder misfire... could it be a weak load my car is holding... i don't know... please give me advice...
I have:

an electric blitz boost controller

HKS 3" piping Catback carbon ti exhaust

HKS Catless 3" downpipe

everything else is stock

OH, by the way, I ran an obd check on it... and this is wat i got.

P0103 - Mass or volume air flow circuit high input (THIS ONE KEEPS COMING ON!!Wat could this one mean given the fact of what I installed on my car)

P0131 - o2 sensor circuit low voltage (bank 1 sensor 1)

P0031 - H02S Heater Control Circuit Low (bank 1 sensor1)

P0244 - Turbo/Super Charger wastegate solenoid A Range/Performance

P0134 - o2 sensor circuit no activity detected (bank 1 sensor 1)

I appreciate what you guys can do for me.... please let me know..

Last edited by LongLiveGDB; 03-16-2006 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:55 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
engine hiccup

The same happened to me. I installed my helix downpipe and started getting the check engine light coming on. I then did the rest of the exhaust (Greddy SP2) and when i would be in fifth getting on it around 5000 rpm it would just cut out power. It really bugged the **** out of me. So i would always reset the ecu and it would always come back. I did have a blitz dd bov on it for a while and i thought that was causing it so i removed it. I got smoother shifting from putting the stock bov back on but still got the engine cutoff at higher speeds. As soon as I got my cobb Access Port and a custom base map the hiccup went away. I think it has something to do with the air fuel mixture and the fact that you went to a bigger pipe that is not catted. The computer is like a woman sometimes, very touchy. So when it sees more air going out than stock it throws it off. So once i got my new base map i have not had the problem since. Hope that helps. Laterz!

E
Old 03-16-2006, 09:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Its the overboost fuel cut, the new exhaust flows too much and the computer is still tuned to make boost with the stock exhaust, you need some type of EM to fix it
Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM

i appreciate the info... if there is anyone else out there that might now what this problem might be from... or if you have any input on what exactly these diagnostic trouble codes might be related to.. then please let me know!!! Thanks...
Old 03-18-2006, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 2004sti
It's your ecu . On my car before ecu reflash aps 725 fmic . aps cai , tbe cat delete - major boost -cut flashing o2 and lean code's . Car ran like crap . After re-flash could feel major difference .
Old 03-21-2006, 09:38 PM

thanks guys