Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

vishnu turbo back dual tip system

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 09:16 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
vishnu turbo back dual tip system

I just traded in my highly modified honda civic for a 03 silver wrx. i want to change the exaust system but i dont want it to be too loud. my civic was overbearing and i dont want that on my wrx. I was wondering if any one would Know the db rating for the vishnu turbo back exaust system, i know that two system are offered, if any one knows both of them they would be my hero.
also wondering if any one has used the baer errispeed brake rotors, just looking for some imput on them because i want to upgrade the brakes but i need to keep it compatible with 16" wheels because that is what i will use for the cold chi town winters.

thanks to all
Old 01-18-2003, 12:01 AM

It is loud enough where every car around will know you have a performance exhaust. If you want to be stealthly, I'd say stick with the OEM and upgrade other stuff first. i.e. up-pipe, suspension, tires, and driver training.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:29 PM

mutant 9 - of you want to choose your own sound preference, you should consider checking out the iON/Brullen turbo-back for your ride. You get to pick your own acoustic preference -> quiet/med/loud and tip styles -> dual 3", dual 3.5", single 3.5" or single 4" tip.

If you want to contact them, their email is -> info@ionperformance.com
Old 01-18-2003, 04:48 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Originally posted by GTBGUY
mutant 9 - of you want to choose your own sound preference, you should consider checking out the iON/Brullen turbo-back for your ride. You get to pick your own acoustic preference -> quiet/med/loud and tip styles -> dual 3", dual 3.5", single 3.5" or single 4" tip.

If you want to contact them, their email is -> info@ionperformance.com
Yes highly recommended. Jack @ iON is a great guy to converse with even for a kanuk They also have some great turbo upgrades if your interested.

Another option is to go with a TurboXS stealth back. It replaces everything from the turbo back but keeps the stock muffler. Very quiet, and as the name implys... Stealth.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:37 AM

Car Info: 2003 blue EVO
I have a stage1 exhaust. pretty quite all things considered. You can listen to the stock stereo at low volume with ease.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:51 AM

Good point Chris.

The Vishnu exhaust is probably very quiet compared to other exhausts. However, if you are picking your first mod since you just got your 03 WRX, I would considering other mods first if you are worried about the noise level. that's all.

But, sooner or later, you'll want Vishnu's exhaust if you want to maximize your power.

BTW, Chris - are these mods helping your autoxing? Stage 2 isn't SM legal, right?