Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Updated my water spray system. (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 05:28 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX
Arrow Updated my water spray system. (pics)

I added a few more pics for those who are interested in a water spray set up. Here is the link. http://www.evailmotorsports.com/photo.html
Old 10-14-2003, 05:01 AM

I used a wagon tank. The car comes prewired for it.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 03 Rex: HKS, Injen, Apexi, Perrin, Rota
Question very nice!

was the wagon bottle a direct bolt in? plug n' play?
could you elaborate a bit on the wiring?

i've done a bit of investigating of spray possibilities and actually already started installing my own setup, but i like your plan much better. I custom-fitted a plastic bottle and washer pump in the trunk and ran fuel line under the car up to the engine bay. it looks okay, but i like the factory parts much better. where did you source all the parts? nozzles, 10psi switch...

if i just put in the on/off dash switch and the pressure activated switch, do i still need the mrt controller? thanks for the help, later
Old 10-15-2003, 02:46 PM

The sadan has room to put a pump in but does not come with one. The pump is a direct bolt in pump. I am pretty sure both a female plugs. There is not any wiring. The saden comes prewired for the second pump. Then all you have to do is hook it up to switch. The wagon bottle came from subaru as well as the sti switch. I am running a pressure switch that I sell on my site. It works great. It is also fully adjustable. There is more info on the site. The nozzels I also got from Subaru. Check out Langston speed.com or Langston Subaru. You dont need an MRT controller to run the set up. The pressure switch is all I am running. The MRT controller is more of a PINA than it is worth.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 03 Rex: HKS, Injen, Apexi, Perrin, Rota
sounds good

so the reason for using the wagon bottle is more capacity?

then i run a power lead off the second pump harness through the pressure switch to the I/C switch i mount in the dash?

sounds simple enough.

the alternative, as i see it... find the second pump control wire(if there is one) under the dash somewhere or on the ECU harness?

and send a positive signal to that through the pressure switch and the I/C dash switch

items sourced from subaru: 2 nozzles, I/C switch, second pump, wagon bottle(optional)

thanks for any help you got!
Old 10-15-2003, 08:17 PM

You use the wagon bottle because it comes with two pumps the saden only comes with one.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:34 PM

We tapped the BOV line. This did not effect the boost gauge.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:16 PM

The sti switch is a manual switch. It is seperate from the pressure switch. The PS works on its own. I have the STI switch in there so I can spray on demand. It only works when held in. It is good for a red lights. Here is a pic on where I mounted the pressure switch. You can see where I tapped the BOV hose. It will run inline with the hose. Then you wire it to the pump. I hooked up the STI switch to the wiring harness that would of been used for the rear washer on a wagon. Again this comes prewired on the saden. The pressure switch that I use is adgustable so you just dial it in where you want it.

Old 10-17-2003, 06:20 AM

We just tapped the battery for power. You can easly wire a switch to turn on and off the pressure switch. You should be able to do this by just tapping the power going to the switch. I am going to do this as well as soon as I get around to it.