Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Turn the key, car has NO electrical power (no dash lights, beeping, fuel pump, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:10 PM

Car Info: Ford GT40 kit
Turn the key, car has NO electrical power (no dash lights, beeping, fuel pump, etc)

I recently tried fixing a P0340 code (crank position sensor) and in the process the service manual said to check the wiring to the ECM/ECU. At this point the car would run VERY rough, like it was missing a cylinder.

Here's the thread for my P0340 code problem:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/engine-power-ej20t-pre-2006-wrx-jdm-60/problems-service-manual-procedure-p0302-p0303-p0340-codes-142788/

I pulled the ECU, then tested some of the pins for power and ground. I didn't get any readings (as the thread shows). I let the car sit for about 2 weeks while I located another ECU to try in its place. I put in the other ECU and nothing happened. No fuel pump noise, no dash lights, nothing. I checked the battery and it was still fully charged. I went back and put my original ECU in, and nothing happens still.

Now I'm stuck. I've connected everything back up and when I put the key in and turn it to ACC or ON, nothing happens. No beeping or lights or starting sounds at all. It's as if the battery were totally dead, but it isn't. I tested and the harness coming in to the ECU is getting power and has ground at the appropriate places. I checked the relays (SBF-1 and SBF-4) and they aren't burned out.

Does anyone know where I should look? I'm sure it's something small that I did, but I can't figure out what. Could the main relay have burned out and caused this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Shaun
Old 09-16-2006, 09:45 PM

PROBLEM RESOLUTION: The car sat for a few months so the battery went dead. I recharged the battery and the car had power again.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:38 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by swackerl
PROBLEM RESOLUTION: The car sat for a few months so the battery went dead. I recharged the battery and the car had power again.
hey!! i think i said that

are you bringing the car to db ? paul was talking something about that at the meet tonite... he was like... do you know a guy....
Old 09-17-2006, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
hey!! i think i said that

are you bringing the car to db ? paul was talking something about that at the meet tonite... he was like... do you know a guy....
Yep, I'm bringing it in on tuesday. I hooked up that ECU I got from you and the problem with misfires still happened, so it wasn't the ECU. I'll drop it by sometime this week. Thanks for helping me out, Matt.