Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Turboxs exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 07:57 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx R.I.P.
I never had it but I talked to a person who does,they seem to like it pretty well.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:26 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I bet if you ran a search you'll get a lot more responses to you question.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:33 PM

Car Info: white sti
i had the rfl-ti axleback on my sti for awhile and it was a beatiful,throaty exhaust note. i would imagine with the full turboback it would sound unbeatable
Old 04-27-2004, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX and 2001 Mercury Cougar
We have it on our TXS turbo back and uppipe. We love it. we got a 13.4 with it and a few other mods. It sounds nice, not too loud where it will get annoying as a daily driver. And the best thing is it does NOT look ricey at all.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:46 PM

Car Info: 2006 EVO IX MR
Originally posted by jreat
We have it on our TXS turbo back and uppipe. We love it. we got a 13.4 with it and a few other mods. It sounds nice, not too loud where it will get annoying as a daily driver. And the best thing is it does NOT look ricey at all.
Which muffler did you get? The oval one or round one? Im really considering this exhaust system and I just wanted to make sure it didnt sound high pitched and rattley? NO RICE!
Old 04-29-2004, 09:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 WRBlue WRX sedan
Originally posted by SUBEGiRL
Which muffler did you get? The oval one or round one? Im really considering this exhaust system and I just wanted to make sure it didnt sound high pitched and rattley? NO RICE!
I don't think turboxs turbobacks come with an oval axleback. The only oval axleback i know is the Prodrive one.

I've got the turboxs stealthback w/ high flow cat, mated with the prodrive axleback, however not the oval one, the round tipped one. It is very quiet, in fact only slightly louder than stock IMO, and the performance gains are great. The only thing i didn't like about my exhaust is that it threw the cat inefficiency check engine light, even though it is catted. But I just did the cheap and easy mechanical fix, and problem solved.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 2006 EVO IX MR
Originally posted by DizzyWRX
I don't think turboxs turbobacks come with an oval axleback. The only oval axleback i know is the Prodrive one.

I've got the turboxs stealthback w/ high flow cat, mated with the prodrive axleback, however not the oval one, the round tipped one. It is very quiet, in fact only slightly louder than stock IMO, and the performance gains are great. The only thing i didn't like about my exhaust is that it threw the cat inefficiency check engine light, even though it is catted. But I just did the cheap and easy mechanical fix, and problem solved.
Sorry I wasnt very clear on what i was asking. Did you get the TurboXS RFL-TI Muffler? It has a rounder shape than the regular one that comes with the TBE. I was just wondering how loud it was.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan - Silver
I have the turbo back, without uppipe installed at this time. The muffler I'm using is the Magnaflow (not the RFL!!)

Performance: While I was still new to drag racing, I dropped from 15.0 to around 14.4 with the stealth back using the stock muffler. After I got the magnaflow, I hit 14.2 with no other mods. Keep in mind this is in Hawaii, so the times are a little slower than what you'd see on the mainland. The important thing being that my 60's were nearly identical on the runs I'm comparing, so the data speaks for itself.

You lose a little bit of low end torque with the exhaust, but it's MORE than made up for in the top end. Spool up feels quicker, and the car pulls fairly hard with the exhaust being the only mod.

Sound: GREAT SOUND! I have 2 kids that ride with me all the time in the car. The exhaust sounds deep an throaty, and mean when you open it up, yet it's not so loud that your kids are getting hearing loss in the back seat!

Hope this helps you out a little.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
i just installed my TXS Turbo back this weekend, install time was a bit longer than i predicted but it was well worth it. im running the magna flow muffler and the sound is deep and throaty not that loud
Old 05-06-2004, 01:13 PM

I have the TurboXS TBE with Magnaflow muffler and I couldn't be happier. I also have a perrin uppipe and it sounds great.