Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

STI vs WRX Differences?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 05:34 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB
depends on what you want. buying an sti sort of makes most of those decisions for you. for instance, if I had bbs I would sell them and get volks (just my preference).. right now I have brembos all the way around (from an sti) and ce28s on my wrx and people think it's an sti without the spoiler. the brakes and wheels cost me about $4000 total. I also have a complete ti turbo back exhaust that set me back about $1500, tien flex coilovers for another $1000 and I'm planning to get a 6spd and still shopping for an engine. Starting to sway away from jdm because the built motors from axis look stronger and more powerful (not to mention the octane limits being in CA).

If I started with an sti would I be doing as much modding? absolutely.. besides the 6spd and brembos I would still want a better engine, suspension, wheels etc. Just that the stock parts would be more valuable and be more difficult to get my money back from.

I think buying an sti is a wise choice if you're going to drive it stock. Otherwise a wrx can be built up just as an sti could be (after all an sti is just a factory modded wrx)