Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Statman Is A Prick!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I have no clue what this is about, but me too, I do not like when people blow their motors or break anything on their cars due to their deeds and expect warranty. That negatively affects EVERYONE and those who's stuff really breaks due to production mistakes.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Admin v2.0

Ok, I read the thread. He got what he deserved. Not only do dealers read this board everyday, the SOA themselves read it too.

The attitude with which he was ranting here about his own stupid mistakes, contributed to his warranty denial. Its nobodys fault but his own.

People need to be responsible.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Admin v2.0

On a side note, I have a WRX shortblock I can selll for $500.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:42 PM

Car Info: platinum rex wagon
on a flip side.....so how come everybody doesn't ban together when a legitamate warranty claim is denied? i have never seen, on this or any other subaru message board where a group of people banned together to help someon cuz they were wrongfully denied a warranty claim.......how many threads where someone is *****in' about being turn down for a warranty claim gets forwarded to all the subaru dealer in that state and to SoA?
Old 03-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Admin v2.0

The reasons legit warranty claims get denied, is becuase of people that mod the car, screw it up, put it to stock spec and ask for warranty. Some do it very careful, and dealers cannot tell if in fact it was modified.

This is not "what came first, chicken or an egg" problem. SOA has always been very good with warranty until WRX came out and bunch of liars screwed it all up for everyone.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:00 PM

the kid that blew his motor is a dumbass and the way he came here to a PUBLIC message board and starting talking trash about how he screwed SOA. yeah he got what he deserves...it's called karma! now as far as the other guy narcing, not cool really, BUT there was an email somewhere in that post from a subaru dealer stating they weren't going to warranty the car regardless of the forwarded email from here.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:07 PM

Don't like rats but I think the immature ***** got what he deserved IMO. Keep us posted on what happens to him. On another note, I heard rumors that SOA actually has a list of aftermarket parts that won't void the warranty (stress "rumors"). Can anybody verify this? If this is true, then is it possible to contact SOA before getting/installing parts to see if those parts void the warranty?
Old 03-13-2003, 02:41 AM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
What's this? ^^^^Monkey, we all are glad you DON'T drive a Subaru.

Loser.

Quick Reply: Statman Is A Prick!